Jump to content

tunafish

Members
  • Posts

    2,312
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tunafish

  1. I heard your wx station is one of those non-scientific ones. Sorry bud, we toss.
  2. +0.93" = 4.21" event total Looking at my five years of CoCoRAHS data, 3 of my top 10 rainfall obs are from this year - all around 2.50" for the 7am-7am period. All that despite being still well BN on the year.
  3. Ouch. Looks like you were just a little too far north and east. 0.83 + 2.45 = 3.28" event total
  4. Man, that one chair saved you from having to pick up a mess of shattered glass. --- PWM 66/48 BKN with a few gusts in the 20 kt range.
  5. That would be a good start to reducing the deficit along all coastal ME.
  6. Wild stuff. What'd the water temp peak at this season?
  7. 0.66" here* *Asked the wife to check/empty the gauge for me when she went out for the chicks. When I later asked her for the total she went blank. And 0.66" was the best she could guess. Unfortunately it's double any nearby station. I've seen that happen, legitimately, but looking at the radar overnight, it doesn't really support that.
  8. Ha if I get more than 0.01" today I'll eat my hat.
  9. Man, did that fall apart quickly. Can't make this shit up.
  10. 3.77" here in PWM for Jul/Aug total. Unfortunately, that includes the 1" I recorded in only 10 minutes on the 13th (1.19" event total).
  11. Not all Mets https://x.com/TheTKWeatherXp/status/2090612723746828461
  12. But but but https://x.com/TheTKWeatherXp/status/2090612723746828461
  13. Interesting, thank you. Definitely had that extra bite. I'm also happy the hail spared the gardens and plants for the most part.
  14. Not sure I'll experience a thunderstorm better than today's storm - at least not IMBY. I've never seen wind like that, not from a t-storm. Plus 0.96" in 13 minutes. Legit white out at times. Lots of massive oaks and pines down around town, and fortunately most were not on cars or homes. Half were uprooted and half were just snapped off at the base. Not sure how accurate RadarScope is with estimated velocity, but 60-65 mph smells in the ballpark. Power out about 6 hrs. Some phil from local news.
  15. Heavy phil on the trees here in South Portland. 70mph gust at PWM.
  16. Those that miss to your south inevitably find a way to whiff me too.
  17. Let's get a waterspout on Sebago w/o GYX warning.
  18. Surprised you thought construction... "Nearby thunder? Can't be. It's more likely the sound of Stein crushing my hopes and dreams. Back to bed." Hoping it makes it to the coast. I'd take .25" at this point, as I've got 1.43" MTD but that was all back on 8/3.
×
×
  • Create New...