Jump to content

Newman

Meteorologist
  • Posts

    2,516
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Newman

  1. CMC Kuchera map is bonkers. 38" Jackpot in Northern Jersey lol. Man I shouldn't have left my KU textbooks at school haha,
  2. 18z GEFS coming in very nice as well. SE PA jackpot
  3. I'd actually prefer it stronger under one condition: it doesn't slow down in the process. We need enough wave spacing to allow for a recovery for the mid-week system. So a weaker Monday system would probably mean a faster in-and-out. But in the end, it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't slow down and screw up the storm for Wednesday
  4. Verbatim BL temps are 33-35. So would need some decent rates for accumulation. Perhaps a C-1" as an appetizer before the big dog Wednesday?
  5. Our first real trackable event of the season. 12z GFS lays the hammer for the next week storm
  6. Back edge approaching, 0.8" total will be the final tally here. More than I was ever expecting. Btw, check out the 12z CMC for next week lol
  7. Same here, big flakes coming down. Couple tenths of an inch of accumulation on the snowboard, probably around 0.3"
  8. Snow is really coming down now! Taking my Calculus III final exam and watching snow fall is all I need in life haha
  9. Was really coming down there for a moment, tapering off now but driveway and cars are covered
  10. I agree, long range on models don't look too great the next few weeks. I think maybe we switch final week of Decemeber heading into the new year. It's crazy I haven't received a measurable snowfall since the 2nd week of January last winter. Would be crazy to go an entire calendar year between measurable snowfalls...
  11. Yeah Pacific isn't as puke-worthy as it was last winter. Currently, though, even with the nice PNA ridge Canada is torched so our cold air source is non-existent. Need a nice -EPO to develop and set up a cross polar flow and at least have some cold air up north we can tap into. I would be surprised if we get completely shut out this December, but knowing our luck with the previous winters, I'm not sure what to bet on lol
  12. BWI: 15" DCA: 10" IAD: 19" RIC: 7" Tiebreaker SBY: 10"
  13. I'm going with 910mb, 175 mph winds. Eye is completely cleared out again on satellite.
  14. Stunning IR imagery of ETA this evening.
  15. Nice to meet a fellow MU alum! Yeah I have DeCaria for Meteorology this semester and Cloud Physics next semester. It'll be interesting to take Radiative Transfer with Clark next semester as well Sikora is definitely my favorite prof in the department! Cool guy to talk to. But overall, it's been a blast and so much fun at Millersville. If any interested Met majors read this, go to Millersville! It's a smaller school atmosphere with big name professors that can get you places.
  16. Welp currently a sophomore Met major at Millersville and this thread just made me wonder why I'm doing this. I've always had the passion to go into meteorology, I couldn't imagine doing anything else. But right now I'm minoring in Heliophysics/Space Weather. I hope to God I can find a job out there when that time comes. In the meantime, I'm just gonna work my butt off and try to market myself.
  17. He said on Twitter the Philippines are closed to international travel
×
×
  • Create New...