Jump to content

CAPE

Members
  • Posts

    37,310
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CAPE

  1. Looking pretty Nino at h5 on the latest Euro extended product by mid November. Would be nice to have that Aleutian trough/downstream ridge position for much of the winter.
  2. Ravens gave up a lot, but they had to do something. https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens-eagles-trade-grades-dealing-cam-jurgens Ravens-Eagles Trade Grades: Philadelphia Shakes Up OL By Dealing Cam Jurgens The Ravens, meanwhile, address a huge need at center with the move. Eva Geitheim|4 hours ago Add us as a preferred source
  3. Pretty likely Lamar misses the Atlanta game. Even if its precautionary. Not a disaster if they lose, as there are 2 division games that follow as well as in-conference games after that. Losing to an NFC team with no Lamar and having him back a week later(healthy) is an easy tradeoff. And they could still win this week with a solid game plan in place for Snoop that is run heavy- if the OL can get it's shit together. Falcons are so explosive right now the way to beat them is to eat clock and score a few times, keep their offense off the field, and our mediocre defense too lol.
  4. Or an early winter evening in the lowlands of the MA.
  5. H5 looks about the same for the winter months. Feb-
  6. Your team sure wins ugly. Probably a paper tiger, but they were my survivor pick this week so that worked out(barely).
  7. Without Lamar I could easily see them losing to Atlanta. Raven's scored zero points in the second half today. With Lamar this game would have been 40-14, despite a million penalties.
  8. I didn't mean to single you out, but keep seeing posts about how Oct snow means doom for winter. Maybe a case can be made about specific patterns that set up in October correlating to an overall unfavorable pattern for the winter.
  9. Hard to watch. Same old shit with penalties, soft defense... and Loop LOL. Cant trust the guy. Add in the injuries on the OL, and without Lamar this team is trash.
  10. Cohen's postulation that high rate of advance of Siberian snow cover during October leads to a -AO winter has been hit or miss at best, but almost always a miss during Strong El Ninos.
  11. And how often does it actually snow in October(outside of a few flakes) east of the western highlands? This seems silly and irrelevant, regardless of how many times it is mentioned here.
  12. At least the Ravens game won't be a quagmire if this comes to fruition.
  13. About a third of an inch here. But what a shitty day to get anything done outside. The original forecast here was for showers last evening into this morning then partly to mostly cloudy the rest of today, with the main event tonight into tomorrow. Much like last weekend. Glad I took half a day yesterday- a bit warm but got some outside stuff done.
  14. It's objectively anomalously hot today, regardless of the accuracy of the specific type of thermometer(sensor)one uses to measure the temperature. Sorry for the techy geek out.
  15. Peak stink bug massacre day. Very warm and corn being harvested. The more I kill now the less I have to live with in winter. And its actually fun to electrocute those little bastards.
  16. Electrical/electronic/control systems is all me. That's the stuff I teach. Are you an electrical engineer?
  17. A bit OT, but the Maritime school I work for will likely be providing the required training for workers on offshore SMR platforms. Deploying Small Modular Reactors on floating barges allows operating companies to bypass land-use zoning restrictions and nuclear bans put in place by some states, but their position on off-shore floating platforms means all workers and vessel operations must comply with USCG requirements, and we provide training to meet those requirements.
  18. Offshore SMRs on barges to power data centers. Waste heat rejection. We so smart.
  19. I never pay attention to surface temp anomalies on a smoothed seasonal model. Just not realistic that a low res/LR tool can resolve something that localized. I only look at h5 to get a general idea of the big picture advertised pattern. Latter half of winter looks potentially decent as modeled. KU coming.
  20. I'm hesitant but I think I'll go with the Vikings. Miami is so bad and they lost their best player for the season.
×
×
  • Create New...