Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the Alpine Visitor Center Webcam at Rocky Mountain National Park if you want a treat ;)  (not only snowing but 26.6F at that!)

I personally hope for an August 90 degree shutout for ABE, a bunch of fools at my work think "August is the hottest month".  Where did that ever come from?  (for our area anyway, obviously some places around the globe it could be, but certainly not here.) 

Look at the Alpine Visitor Center Webcam at Rocky Mountain National Park if you want a treat ;)  (not only snowing but 26.6F at that!)

I personally hope for an August 90 degree shutout for ABE, a bunch of fools at my work think "August is the hottest month".  Where did that ever come from?  (for our area anyway, obviously some places around the globe it could be, but certainly not here.) 

Yeah for some reason that is a common misconception. I know many people that think that way. I'm not really sure where it comes from. 

It's common for people to think August is hottest.  I'm always glad to see it come, because July is now past.  Could it just be "heat fatigue"?  Wondering if August has higher dew points, or at least relative humidity.  August is the hotter month in some places around the N hemisphere (e.g., places in the Mediterranean), but not here.

Don't think it will happen in the Burbs....especially if clouds/showers move in. Maybe 90+ in Philly but don't think the burbs ...probably another day peaking in the 87-89 range.  

right on the money, 88 locally today, clouds / showers put the kibosh on the shot at 90 today, so it appears you have to go back to the early 80's for consecutive AUG's without reaching 90 at TTN

in any event it was a great day to chill by the pool early this afternoon, took a little bit to used that soup today, one more pool day tomorrow before the association closes it on TUES, crazy how every summer it just a blur.....

GFS today had a strong cold front blowing through next weekend, hopefully it'll be decent day for the Birds opener, not going to pretty down there if it's a day like today

High temp of just 82F keeping the AC day totals for the month at 2

Just .15" of rain on the day and finishing the month at a paltry 1.40". Catching no breaks with the rain certainly the driest month in years

Awfully bizarre to have such a cool yet dry month in the summer as typically coolness would equate to troughy wet conditions

right on the money, 88 locally today, clouds / showers put the kibosh on the shot at 90 today, so it appears you have to go back to the early 80's for consecutive AUG's without reaching 90 at TTN

in any event it was a great day to chill by the pool early this afternoon, took a little bit to used that soup today, one more pool day tomorrow before the association closes it on TUES, crazy how every summer it just a blur.....

GFS today had a strong cold front blowing through next weekend, hopefully it'll be decent day for the Birds opener, not going to pretty down there if it's a day like today

Yep, it looks like Sat the front moves through w/temps on Sun in the 70's. Hot temps and watching football is kinda annoying....this should work out pretty well. Looking long range this week may be the last of the A/C.

Currently 86.8....soupy as hell w/a DP of 74%. 

Archived