Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 17-19th Potential Storm.

Heisy

they bumped south to my eyes.

Nowcasting, who cares what models say at this point. They have been useless with this storm to begin with. I'll just be happy with enough snow to whiten the ground. Never expected much and still do not.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nowcasting, who cares what models say at this point. They have been useless with this storm to begin with. I'll just be happy with enough snow to whiten the ground. Never expected much and still do not.

Models generally become more and more accurate up until the event - less time "left" means less error propagation can occur. So, this last shift in the models is absolutely worth paying attention to, whereas a 25-50 mile shift 4 days out is basically noise.

What is the NWS seeing to justify their 8-10" forecast for Sussex and cape may? Just currious

Sorry, I'm stretched thin these days.  The fsu site on fgen forcing has been golden on predicting banding this winter; also all the soundings in your area had omega and snow growth ratios in the cross hairs (greater than 10:1 water equivalent snows).  This doesnt always geographically work close, may not work next winter as well, but it looks like it did ok this time.

Sorry, I'm stretched thin these days. The fsu site on fgen forcing has been golden on predicting banding this winter; also all the soundings in your area had omega and snow growth ratios in the cross hairs (greater than 10:1 water equivalent snows). This doesnt always geographically work close, may not work next winter as well, but it looks like it did ok this time.

looking out my window looks like a foot plus so id say so! :o

Archived