• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Invest 91L

It certainly doesn't look like its tropical by any stretch, but an argument could be made that its trying to make a run at subtropical status. Latest TWO raised the probability to 20% but prospects doing look good beyond 24 hours. In addition, NHC mentioned winds are now below gale force, so in the unlikely event it does become subtropical, it might not even be a STS.

Subtropical storms have to have at least some symmetry. This is a convectively enhanced baroclinic low. I mean, look at the MWs. It clearly has a temperature gradient across it. On IR, you can see the typical occluded structure straight of Bjerknes. This isn't an Andrea situation, at least not until the upper low cuts off, which isn't modeled at all. Until it does that, it's just an extratropical low.

Subtropical storms have to have at least some symmetry. This is a convectively enhanced baroclinic low. I mean, look at the MWs. It clearly has a temperature gradient across it. On IR, you can see the typical occluded structure straight of Bjerknes. This isn't an Andrea situation, at least not until the upper low cuts off, which isn't modeled at all. Until it does that, it's just an extratropical low.

Can you point me to a link where you are getting your microwave imagery? I had previously been using the NAVY site, but its been down recently. Just looking for a new resource guitar.gif

The multiple vortices are pretty cool to look at on visible this morning.

Can you point me to a link where you are getting your microwave imagery? I had previously been using the NAVY site, but its been down recently. Just looking for a new resource guitar.gif

The multiple vortices are pretty cool to look at on visible this morning.

Local forum tropical met knows someone at NRL Monterey, their backup generators are down, and they don't want to risk a hard shutdown if power goes down. They'll be down until backup power is available again.

Shear is just too strong for 91L to have any sort of chance. It won't be that much longer before we'll have a 'real' tropical system to track, though.

I didn't want to imply that it had any chance of tropical development. I just wanted to draw people's attention to the relative increase in convective activity, as there could be rain and t-storm implications for the Bahamas and possibly S. FL.

post-974-0-46465600-1303761275.png

Interesting... doesn't really have a shot at development, but this certainly looks a lot more like a tropical wave with some pulse convection in the general vicinity. Florida looks to have some rainy days ahead.

The Bahamas are taking a direct hit.. could severely impact those tanners on the beach. sun.gif

zini20.jpg

Interesting... doesn't really have a shot at development, but this certainly looks a lot more like a tropical wave with some pulse convection in the general vicinity. Florida looks to have some rainy days ahead.

The Bahamas are taking a direct hit.. could severely impact those tanners on the beach. sun.gif

zini20.jpg

Yes, I was surprised to see that swirl near Andros Island. No shot at development, like you said but any added rain it can bring to Florida is welcome in April.

It's going to recurve around the subtropical high before it brings anything decent to FL. If anything, the enhanced moisture will add to the flash flooding threat in the Mid-Atlantic on Wednesday.

Looking like a pretty solid call right now! Lots of moisture is currently streaming upwards through the Carolina Coast, no doubt on a beeline for the Mid-Atlantic over the next 24 hours.

1zlchz8.jpg

Looking like a pretty solid call right now! Lots of moisture is currently streaming upwards through the Carolina Coast, no doubt on a beeline for the Mid-Atlantic over the next 24 hours.

Something actually to investigate?

http://www.coaps.fsu.edu/~dvandyke/fl/ncep4kmnmm/00z/mslp10mwind.html

Archived