• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2011 Drought Thread.

Isopycnic

its now not looking good for the rains in the Carolinas, until a week to 10 days. The Wed. front is losing dynamics here, but NC may squeeze out a quick something, other than that, we'll have to wait until a week for our next chance. The high-lat. blocking still looks likely, so the effects from that are usually good for us in the longer term, but we'll have to wait .

Sad to hear regarding the next chance of rain. You would think given what we have been through during March (which I had 4.42" for the total) and April that we could keep it up but as usual there's always something to stop us from getting much more rain during May. Can't wait until we get into the pop-up storm kind of deal. Sometimes storms like such would form right over me and dump heavy rain for a while before departing. Good for the garden. We'll just have to wait and see what the blocking can do here later on.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Just 15.89" for the year. I figure we're somewhere close to the Raleigh numbers as far as rainfall averages (Don't have the KJNX records handy), but we're about -7.00" or so for the year. Really noticable this year, with just 1.20" for June.

Archived