Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2011

JoMo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone give me their thoughts on the start time of this. Our local news said 3 different start times and the NWS in Tulsa says another. Anyone have an opinion on when things start rolling into NW Ark? My flight out is scheduled for 7:00 AM. I'm wondering if it will be bad at that time. Any insight is appreciated.

Best of luck to everyone on this one. Getting excited about the possibility even if I miss it.

Can someone give me their thoughts on the start time of this. Our local news said 3 different start times and the NWS in Tulsa says another. Anyone have an opinion on when things start rolling into NW Ark? My flight out is scheduled for 7:00 AM. I'm wondering if it will be bad at that time. Any insight is appreciated.

Best of luck to everyone on this one. Getting excited about the possibility even if I miss it.

If tonights NAM is correct then it will start before 7 AM Thurs down there. Maybe eh.. 4-5 AM?

What do the mets say tonight at 10? LOL

Well Doug has upped his totals, but his snow map is a mess to read since there are different areas that see different amounts. He has Monett in the 4-7" range now, Joplin in the 3-5" range. 2-4" in SE KS I believe. I didn't notice OK, so I dunno. Areas north of here in the 4-7" range as well

yeah the hires models should be interesting The GFS is different than the NAM in where it places the heaviest snow to our north as well.

Doug said at the top of the newscast that he's getting in some of the latest data and it looks interesting.

Storm #2 for next Mondayish isn't being handled well at all right now on the GFS, heh

Doug is saying 3-6" from Joplin SE basically. 2-4" in SE KS and NE OK.

I'm thinking his Fox 14 graphics and KOAM graphics aren't on the same puter or something.

Storm #2 for next Mondayish isn't being handled well at all right now on the GFS, heh

Doug is saying 3-6" from Joplin SE basically. 2-4" in SE KS and NE OK.

I'm thinking his Fox 14 graphics and KOAM graphics aren't on the same puter or something.

So what was the new data he mentioned? Maybe these are his updated totals.

And yeah the GFS has really done an about face on the Sun/Mon system. Really looks out of whack.

So what was the new data he mentioned? Maybe these are his updated totals.

And yeah the GFS has really done an about face on the Sun/Mon system. Really looks out of whack.

It was the latest model runs. He says he will update his blog tonight when he gets home.

Well his Fox 14 graphics were updated to show 4-7" in a couple areas, and his KOAM graphics were 3-6 max.

Also the Fox 14 graphics had a 20% chance of snow on Thurs, and the KOAM ones.. 80% chance. lol

Summary of the Springfield TV mets at least the ones I saw. Lighty didnt have anything updated at all from the 6PM newscast. Still has 1-2 inch totals over N AR. Keller had a strange model run for his projections. Showed some really heavy snow up KC way and basically 2-3 inches for everybody in the SW MO region. Says the northern branch storm was trying to take over and steal the show for folks up to our north.

It was the latest model runs. He says he will update his blog tonight when he gets home.

Well his Fox 14 graphics were updated to show 4-7" in a couple areas, and his KOAM graphics were 3-6 max.

Also the Fox 14 graphics had a 20% chance of snow on Thurs, and the KOAM ones.. 80% chance. lol

Sounds like our local TV mets were having some technical issues tonite.

Doug will be updating the month long when he gets home he just said on the 10:00 cast .. so it may be an hour or so then it sounds like . How out of whack are the models on the sun,mon system looking like ice or something ? or just weird qpf totals?

Just weird and not knowing what to do with everything. Speed, timing, everything is different. I don't think it has a good handle on what's going to happen so it will be different from run to run.

Archived