northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2011

JoMo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definately gonna keep an eye on this one....sounds like you guys down that way are in the sweet spot as of right now? The kuchner map pasted about 5" here and the whole county of st.clair in what looked like 7-8"....st.clair is about 3-5 miles to my north lol. Wxcaster nam says about 6" gfs says about 4". What I would give to see one decent 6"+ storm this season.

Agreed, although NAM may be trying to pick up on some of the banding.... Still think GFS has the better idea.

BTW... "you know who" went from not a big deal to "several inches of snow" during the 10:00 newscast. Anyone surprised? I'm not.

Edit: I would really like to hear Doug's thoughts. I hope the internet gets back up and running for them soon.

Not a shocker to hear that he did that. Didnt catch him at 10 was watching the others. Hopefully its not the kiss of death that he jumped on now.

morning guys! i see the heavy snow is now in arkansas phooey! i see the ice has increased!

Yeah the 6z run of the NAM shifted the best snows north but the Euro still looks OK for most of us. 12z NAM running now and appears to be back south a bit but may still be too far north for you to get a decent snow. I'm not a big fan of 6z runs so this morning we hopefully get a clearer picture.

Yeah I'm thinking somebody could cash in on an isolated higher amt somewhere.

Seems to me this storm or pieces of energy whatever they are lol has more potential then the last system did. Gfs and nam wxcaster both paste around 5" here. They also got slight pops of snow from noon after tomorrow up here but temps say 33....still sounds like springfield is concerned a warm nose may also screw things idk

Just went outside and man is it snowing. Sun is shining to....crazy weather!Also see rain or snow in sunday and sunday nights forecast as well....i think jomo mentioned this earlier

Seems to me this storm or pieces of energy whatever they are lol has more potential then the last system did. Gfs and nam wxcaster both paste around 5" here. They also got slight pops of snow from noon after tomorrow up here but temps say 33....still sounds like springfield is concerned a warm nose may also screw things idk

Just went outside and man is it snowing. Sun is shining to....crazy weather!Also see rain or snow in sunday and sunday nights forecast as well....i think jomo mentioned this earlier

Bonus flakes for you today huh? I think you are sitting pretty good up there for our next system - colder temps for sure.

Bonus flakes for you today huh? I think you are sitting pretty good up there for our next system - colder temps for sure.

Yea man its nice to see flakes flying....ill take anything. Is probly just remnant moisture with this cold front swinging through. Yea it seems to be cold enough by what i saw temp wise for all of us. Dont know about those in oklahoma or arkansas though.

DId the GGEM look a little strange to you (compared to previous runs) or is it just adjusted a bit more south or something?

Looked fine to me. It's not a very good model and has shifted around as much as the NAM. I think it shows a good 'front end thump' of snow, then sinks the system farther south and east.

You have Euro precip yet?

Bufkit:

JLN: NAM and GFS paint around 4.5" despite the NAM having more of a mix early on.

Monett: NAM shows 3.8" or so, GFS closer to 5"

Tulsa: NAM not even an inch. GFS has higher ratios and is colder so around 4 inches.

Fayetteville: NAM shows 1/2". GFS shows 3.5" due to higher ratios and colder profiles.

Springfield: NAM shows around 5". GFS shows 4"

Looked fine to me. It's not a very good model and has shifted around as much as the NAM. I think it shows a good 'front end thump' of snow, then sinks the system farther south and east.

You have Euro precip yet?

SGF - .28

JLN - .31

TUL - .20

FAY - .24

KC and STL in the .45 range.

A little dropoff from last nite. Still showing around .20 for late Sunday/early Monday.

Archived