joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC/PHL January 7-9 Potential Part Deux

NickD2011

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should all expect, from Philly to NYC some sort of light event on Friday. As I said before, this is a tricky upper air setup which translates well at the surface, but tonight seems to show the Norlun having life and setting up in a good spot for Philly and NYC, giving a Moderate type snow of 3-6" possibly more ala GFS.

We should all expect, from Philly to NYC some sort of light event on Friday. As I said before, this is a tricky upper air setup which translates well at the surface, but tonight seems to show the Norlun having life and setting up in a good spot for Philly and NYC, giving a Moderate type snow of 3-6" possibly more ala GFS.

Im thinkimg 2 - 5 or 3 - 6 i-195 to i-80, higher end of range as you go north. North of 80 maybe a 4 - 8 type deal based on tonights guidancee

qpf

nam : 0.15 - 0.50

gfs : 0.50 - 0.75

ggem : 0.10 - 0.30

ukmet : 0.25 - 0.50

I just got back from a terribly long night's work but was quite happily surprised by tonight's 00z guidance and its handling of the inverted trough. This threat just keeps on shifting further southwest! Just two days ago, the Norlun was centered over the SNE, and now most of the precip. falls in SE New York and northern NJ. Quite the change...

Archived