• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
May 20-21 Severe Threat

58 minutes ago, MidwestChaser said:

Anyone surprised? They seem to be allergic to EF-5 ratings.

6 minutes ago, zinski1990 said:

We're never getting an ef5 again are we?

Did it do any clear-cut instances of textbook EF5 damage, though? It was unquestionably a violent tornado; but did it completely sweep away at least one anchor-bolted frame house?

The problem I have is when tornadoes actually do this and are still rated EF4, such as Vilonia, AR April 2014.

Ended up being a bit out of position on this one but I briefly saw the EF4 looking north toward Brooks as it was a smaller stovepipe, then the rain wrapped around and shrouded the tornado, plus it was moving away from me at that point. It didn't dawn on me until the track map came out though and I correlated with my location at the time I called DMX reporting the tornado.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bowtie` said:

That tweet say it is a preliminary assessment. That is not necessarily the final call.  They even state in the tweet that further tweaks may be made. 

Right, although they put the estimated wind speeds at 175-185mph which is a little below the upper threshold of EF4. That makes me think they probably aren't leaning too heavily towards an EF5 at the moment, otherwise I think they would have gone 190-195mph as they did with Mayfield or Rolling Fork.

Not long after I pulled over to watch the Carbon tornado, I saw Greenfield form, and since I was in the path of that one, I had to bail south. I still managed to get some decent views of it as I took my escape route.

Greenfield/Carbon was my third set of twin tornadoes in less than a month!1786038957_Image2-Copy.thumb.jpg.35abea86cba0943a6cd13fc75e1ad591.jpg

• Like 8