Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NNE Warm Season Thread

mreaves

2 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Leaf out exploding in the SVT banana belt. Low 70s today and mostly sunny. Perfect May day.

It was low 50s and showery with a ceiling around 2kft this afternoon.  Did hit 61F at 11am but was all downhill from there with wet-bulb cooling in showers.  Finally broke up and dried up rapidly between 5-6pm.

Its crazy how comfortable it is as long as the sun is out.  Even temps in the 50s feel all good when the sun is out.  Coming out of winter, it all feels mild.

4 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Leaf out exploding in the SVT banana belt. Low 70s today and mostly sunny. Perfect May day.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It was low 50s and showery with a ceiling around 2kft this afternoon.  Did hit 61F at 11am but was all downhill from there with wet-bulb cooling in showers.  Finally broke up and dried up rapidly between 5-6pm.

Its crazy how comfortable it is as long as the sun is out.  Even temps in the 50s feel all good when the sun is out.  Coming out of winter, it all feels mild.

And we were somewhere between you both. It was sunny early and it was nice but we clouded up and had a few sprinkles and the temps dropped. I thought we were going to get rained on playing golf tonight but it cleared off nicely. 

Shut ‘em down, ha.

This evening at 5pm I found myself on Spruce Peak with the dog.  Looking over at the fabled Nosedive.

Nosedive is holding in there for 1,300 vertical feel, but the lower 700 feet (out of view) becomes a problem.  Especially the lower 400 feet.

It’s crazy that snow is only made on this trail for like a 4-day period during the winter.  Just a single snowmaking run during a midweek period to build the base. 

I’ve always wondered how this trail would be with the Superstar treatment.  It would last a long time.  You think the natural snowpack is getting to 7-8 feet, add in multiple weeks of snowmaking and this top 1,300 verts would make it to June every year.

IMG_9585.thumb.jpeg.b309f29179d48d44e361fa4a579891a0.jpeg