• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Countdown to Winter 2024-2025

eyewall

Well we have managed to have another dumpster fire of a winter as of the time of this post for 2023-2024 so here is to looking well ahead when it may be over 1000 days for some since the last 1 inch or greater of snowfall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Upstate Tiger said:

CPC predicting rapid return to Nina conditions this summer and increasing through fall.  That makes 4 out of 5 right?  Can we ever get a neutral anymore?  

Neutral would be good, but yeah it would make 4 out 5 winters La Nina years.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2024 at 12:48 PM, Upstate Tiger said:

Probably just click bait but at least something to read during these rainy spring days...

https://www.einpresswire.com/article/685988510/2025-winter-outlook-united-states-and-canada

2024-5 will imo likely be much colder than 2023-4 in much of Canada into the N Plains and upper Midwest (it almost has to be much colder there after last winter's record warmth, especially since La Nina is typically cool to cold there), but also warmer in the SE vs the near to slightly AN of 2023-4. It will likely also flip in the SE, too, as they will likely have the return of the dominating SE ridge thanks to La Nina and the continuing W Pac marine heatwave/-PDO. I was excited about 2023-4 potential in the SE, but not at all for 2024-5. Regardless, winter is always my favorite season as it is a near guarantee that it will be 25+ F colder than winter even down here as well as being typically the most volatile season/larger ups and downs.

On 4/11/2024 at 1:56 PM, GaWx said:

2024-5 will imo likely be much colder than 2023-4 in much of Canada into the N Plains and upper Midwest (it almost has to be much colder there after last winter's record warmth, especially since La Nina is typically cool to cold there), but also warmer in the SE vs the near to slightly AN of 2023-4. It will likely also flip in the SE, too, as they will likely have the return of the dominating SE ridge thanks to La Nina and the continuing W Pac marine heatwave/-PDO. I was excited about 2023-4 potential in the SE, but not at all for 2024-5. Regardless, winter is always my favorite season as it is a near guarantee that it will be 25+ F colder than winter even down here as well as being typically the most volatile season/larger ups and downs.

So you're saying a big portion of the SE could go three straight winters without any snow?

5 hours ago, wncsnow said:

So you're saying a big portion of the SE could go three straight winters without any snow?

Decent chance for trace or none for big portion of non-mountainous SE as of how it looks now. But we all know how unpredictable snow is as many can easily go from no to well AN snow with one major storm. Thus, I feel more comfortable about the chances for a mild winter than chances for little or no snow in significant part of SE. Then again, the temp. fcast is far from certainty