• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh/Western PA Summer 2022 Discussion

Might have a shot at a late season 90 today.  It is hot out there right now (11:45 am).

Edit: May not with rain so close.  This was probably our last shot at 90 for the year.  I'd expect mid 80s at times in September, but doesn't seem the recent pattern is for extreme heat, just occasional warmer than normal days.

2 hours ago, Ahoff said:

Might have a shot at a late season 90 today.  It is hot out there right now (11:45 am).

Edit: May not with rain so close.  This was probably our last shot at 90 for the year.  I'd expect mid 80s at times in September, but doesn't seem the recent pattern is for extreme heat, just occasional warmer than normal days.

I wouldn’t rule out a 90 in September, this pattern looks decisively above normal. I know it will take a +12 to +15 departure to get to 90 in the first half of September, but the GFS in particular is putting us at or above 90 at some point in almost every run.

46 minutes ago, TimB said:

I wouldn’t rule out a 90 in September, this pattern looks decisively above normal. I know it will take a +12 to +15 departure to get to 90 in the first half of September, but the GFS in particular is putting us at or above 90 at some point in almost every run.

It's done that many times this year, even sending us to nearly 100 multiple times this year, and it never panned out.  I'd say we top out at 88 for September.  This summer has mostly under performed models it seems.  Though, September would be the month when we hit 90 again, after blanking in August and almost not making it in July, lol.

2 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

It's done that many times this year, even sending us to nearly 100 multiple times this year, and it never panned out.  I'd say we top out at 88 for September.  This summer has mostly under performed models it seems.  Though, September would be the month when we hit 90 again, after blanking in August and almost not making it in July, lol.

Think 2017, when our 90s were 6/13, 9/24 and 9/27.

16 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

We've really lucked out on the 90+ front locally. Most of the region has seen way more 90+ days (as in double digits). Pittsburgh has only had 4 days, but Morgantown has had 15, Youngstown 10, Canton/Akron, OH 16, Cleveland 13. Even Erie has had 5, and DuBois (1800') 4.

And I should note the 4 days is the official numbers from PIT Airport. YMMV, as AGC has had 9 90+ days. And I'm sure if there were still weather observations taken in the city, it would easily be in the double digits.

2 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

We've really lucked out on the 90+ front locally. Most of the region has seen way more 90+ days (as in double digits). Pittsburgh has only had 4 days, but Morgantown has had 15, Youngstown 10, Canton/Akron, OH 16, Cleveland 13. Even Erie has had 5, and DuBois (1800') 4.

And I should note the 4 days is the official numbers from PIT Airport. YMMV, as AGC has had 9 90+ days. And I'm sure if there were still weather observations taken in the city, it would easily be in the double digits.

You're lucky and mine aren't the same, lol.