• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
6z Model/Guidance Thread

The storm on 12/31-1/1 is going to be historic...book it...not for us unfortunately but its going to be a fun system to follow nonetheless.

Do you think it could match what Minny went through when the Metrodome collapsed? Im hoping they can get a 20 incher.

If they get two blizzards in the same month, it will be like back in the early 90s when they jackpotted frequently.

There is an east based -NAO present on the GFS prior to the event, its possible that may ultimately force the track a bit mor SE than is currently shown so it has potential if you ask me to be more of a Chicago event or Milwaukee but time will tell.

Didn't the previous models runs have it running more to the east? Thought I remembered thinking a trip to Chicago for the New Year would be nice.

So the question I have is....

HM and others spoke about a "pattern changer" earlier this week and I am curious if the Christmas storm, though no longer the blizzard but still potent, is the game changer or does it now appear the New Years storm might be the real deal, in terms of flipping things?

My hunch is New Years.....

So the question I have is....

HM and others spoke about a "pattern changer" earlier this week and I am curious if the Christmas storm, though no longer the blizzard but still potent, is the game changer or does it now appear the New Years storm might be the real deal, in terms of flipping things?

My hunch is New Years.....

No expert here but the x-mas storm looks to knock the -NAO values way down changing the pattern. Think that's basically why you see the New Years day storm driving up through the upper mid west.

Archived