Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2021-2022

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Cool .. but, as intimated in that  - I wonder if the 'strength' of coupling can persist.   Once  the compression maelstrom of the ensuing deeper cold season kicks in, that may alter the landscape a bit. 

I actually agree that the base-state right now appears as such - for now... 

Its tough to know for certain....the coupling often decays as the season evolves anyway, and always has. But I do agree that it is mitigating ENSO to a degree...that makes sense to me. Its just tough to determine when exactly to attribute that because external forcing sources have always intervened at times.

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its tough to know for certain....the coupling often decays as the season evolves anyway, and always has. But I do agree that it is mitigating ENSO to a degree...that makes sense to me. Its just tough to determine when exactly to attribute that because external forcing sources have always intervened at times.

Boom! 

you know ... I think it's been screwing with the teleconnectors, both dependability ( they are unstable in signals ), but also, because the velocities,  +1  PNA and -1 NAOs... -1 AO whatever, they don't seem to materialize the distance mass-field forcing as obviously..

It's almost as though the telecon domains have to get more anomalous strong to get to the same forcing as they use to. 

-1 NAO west based doesn't exert here the same way it used to, when the Pacific is pointing space shuttle thrusters at us... so to speak - 

I do like the persistance of cold, which might not have been anticipated?  Long rangers are verifying colder lately, but also snowstorms aren't verifying.  But it is November.  It has been nicely seasonably chilly, ponds freezing over, etc.  We just need 2-4 inches and it will really feel like winter.  We are perhaps closer than we think.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Boom! 

you know ... I think it's been screwing with the teleconnectors, both dependability ( they are unstable in signals ), but also, because the velocities,  +1  PNA and -1 NAOs... -1 AO whatever, they don't seem to materialize the distance mass-field forcing as obviously..

It's almost as though the telecon domains have to get more anomalous strong to get to the same forcing as they use to. 

-1 NAO west based doesn't exert here the same way it used to, when the Pacific is pointing space shuttle thrusters at us... so to speak - 

I have noticed that...seems more useless nodes of late. Last January was perfect example. Not only ENSO that is being muted-