• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Maggie Ace
    Newest Member
    Maggie Ace
das

??'s for NOAA

Hi, all.  I'll be meeting with NOAA tomorrow in Boulder and might have a little time to ask some informal questions outside of the topic of my meetings.  Let me know if you have questions and I'll see what I can do to get answers and post anything appropriate here.  

Topics areas would be NCEI, a bunch of the ESRL (PSD, GSD, GMD, CSD, etc...) capabilities and the SWPC.

Meetings start at 8:30am MST.

• Like 1

West coast drought.. why isn't SF anomaly in the news, and now Seattle. 

Space weather.. are we exploring, it's obvious at this point that we are in a bit of a bubble so what's the leading edge, etc. 

Everyone's perception is different.. what is radar? Is forecasting more socilogical

I sent them an email in Winter 17-18 and believe that it led to a Stratosphere warming, and then a chain of events that I'm grateful for

2 hours ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

West coast drought.. why isn't SF anomaly in the news, and now Seattle. 

Space weather.. are we exploring, it's obvious at this point that we are in a bit of a bubble so what's the leading edge, etc. 

Everyone's perception is different.. what is radar? Is forecasting more socilogical

I sent them an email in Winter 17-18 and believe that it led to a Stratosphere warming, and then a chain of events that I'm grateful for

Can you send an email that will lead to a moderate el Nino with HL blocking for DJFM?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1) Can they put in a good word for me to do a hurricane hunters flight. :) 

2) The HWRF is a dramatic improvement over previous iterations of tropical based forecast models, but it still has glaring weaknesses such as intensity prediction during the early stages of tropical genesis/development and surprisingly, after 72 hours. Are there any specific plans to address that?

3) Will there be future tweaks to the HWRF data assimilation system as we gain more data on verification and biases year over year?

How exactly is NOAA going to include the university research community in their model development plans?  Is there really a way forward for the NOAA labs and non-NOAA participants to work together on a system that is capable of operations and research.

/I’m not Cliff Mass, I swear

30 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Soooo, am I getting on the next recon flight?

Very bold of you to assume there will be another recon flight this year. Looks like you’ll have to wait until next year.

I doubt they’ll fly all the way from the pacific to pick you up, gas prices are crazy expensive! /s

• Like 1

Hey i got a question for NOAA.

I am new to south central Texas. I live here now lol.

What ENSO state is conducive to cooler, rainier weather in Austin in the low sun season?