CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Pittsburgh PA spring 2017

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

Yea, when looking at the means for both runs, ACG was at 9 in during the 18z and only 6 in for the 00z.

Time to wait for the Euro

Yeah I'm hoping the Euro shows a glimmer of hope. If it doesn't I'm taking a break from the boards. It's easier to deal with heartbreak if you aren't super invested in it  

27 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Yeah I'm hoping the Euro shows a glimmer of hope. If it doesn't I'm taking a break from the boards. It's easier to deal with heartbreak if you aren't super invested in it  

Hopefully worst case is a compromise between GFS and Euro, if we get a complete cave of GFS to Euro its a lost cause for western PA. If you loop 500mb panels 12z, 18z and 00z you can clearly see a trend towards a slower phase which is bad for us. I've got me benchmark at 6 inches, anything less than that will be disappointing. It's hard for me to get invested in snow in mid March, like we saw today the sun came out and was easily vaporizing the snow even with temps at or below freezing.

Anyways, here is the 500 maps for comparison, by 00z you can clearly see more separation between the Northern and Southern stream energy.

58c393c8974d7_GFSLoop.thumb.gif.f3b9442aff6c484d917c5b4e5ac55981.gif

7 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

One final note on this run, something that might get over looked, The bulk of the precip is further west than 12z. Our issue is that the precip shield is not as large.  D.C. on the 12z got clobbered, on this run some of the southern suburbs are out of it.

Yeah, overall storm is not nearly as impressive on 00z Euro for anywhere really except maybe extreme SE PA. That fringed look is just depressing, hopefully we see some better results in Sat 12z & Sun 00z rns. Close enough for now to keep interested.

The more I look, even though the precip goes down, i actually think the system comes west. Take a look at the energy from the 12z and the 00z. 00z is definitely west compared to the 12z. One reason precip is down overall is because of the speed of the system on this run. Much faster moving

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 1.30.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 1.30.10 AM.png

Archived