Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New CWG/Wes Article

North Balti Zen

23 minutes ago, J.Mike said:

I guess it's best to set one's expectations low and hope to be surprised.

That's what we should always do in these parts. Nothing is ever guaranteed.

This year seems to be confounding a lot of long-range forecasters because nothing is standing out as a potential primary driver of our weather this winter. Makes sense, too. It'll likely come down to luck in the end, which could easily mean either feast or famine, especially in terms of lat/long/elevation.

28 minutes ago, usedtobe said:

Except, I don't see any snow for awhile though at least the weeklies look interesting in December.

Nice article and nice to see you posting again. It's getting close...haha

We're going to get teased with fantasy stuff from time to time but totally agree, snow is probably 3+ weeks away at best. Wnwxlvr land may fair a little better in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm sorta expecting him to be posting the first accum snow outside of higher elevations. 

I was impressed with the weeklies run as well but reliability is pretty low. Last night's euro ens trended colder across the entire conus late in the run. Coming into better agreement with the GEFS. 

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

What?? That was my favorite feature--the only real must read thing for me. I even modeled one of our products after your outlooks since they are a great way to communicate pattern shifts and possibilities to the public. 

:( 

I think the plan is I only write one if the pattern looks real exciting and then keep it much shorter than they've been..

16 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

That's a crappy plan. God forbid readers read intelligent well supported pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything has to be pithy nowadays. Poeple don't want to be "bothered" with reading insightful analysis.

Maybe Wes needs a TL;DR column... :lol:

Archived