Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 8-12 Heavy Rain/Flooding

snowlover2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this pattern is pretty remarkable. haven't looked into mexican sounding data, but record low heights were forecast with this system.  will be interesting to see whether they were actually set. 

numerous record earliest high temps set over the northeast yesterday. 

lake charles' sounding this morning recorded 2.15" of precipitable water, smashing records for this date and the month of march. the next highest pwat (2.16") occurred on april 19th. their sounding history goes back to 1948.

Late last week, the firehouse was pointed towards the OV. Glad to see it's migrating north for MBY's sake. Mostly dry and temps in the upper 60s to 70 all week sounds perfect. Hopefully the rivers, especially the Illinois and Mississippi, can handle the pending deluge.

I need to eat my own words. Thought the north shift on the models was legit, but nope. Nothing torrential, but on and off rain since 5pm yesterday.

Incredible amount of precip.

usa_None_anim.gif

I think that radar mosaic tells the story of this entire past winter.  The storm tracks seldom varied from the rain shield currently represented.  Hopefully the pattern will stay put for the next 60 days or so and the sub will be in a prime position for an active spring.

Been getting -RN here for the the last 24 hrs, very similar to most of the winter except about 20 degrees warmer.  My tulip trees are already starting to bloom  :weenie:

this pattern is pretty remarkable. haven't looked into mexican sounding data, but record low heights were forecast with this system. will be interesting to see whether they were actually set.

numerous record earliest high temps set over the northeast yesterday.

lake charles' sounding this morning recorded 2.15" of precipitable water, smashing records for this date and the month of march. the next highest pwat (2.16") occurred on april 19th. their sounding history goes back to 1948.

The weather from Mexico to the Mid South, Midwest and northeast was astounding yesterday. If I'm not mistaken, the sounding from Mexico City did set a record low h5 height for Mexico at any time of year. Amazing gradient from the record cold low 50s in Puerto Vallarta and snow not too far from there to a record high of 101 degrees at Campeche on the west coast of the Yucatan. Then the epic flooding in the lower MS valley/Mid South/OV to the early season heat in the northeast where many cities hit 80+ degrees for their earliest date on record, including Albany NY, Newark NJ and Hartford CT to name a few. Some of the record highs over there were shattered by 10-15 degrees.

Archived