joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Low topped squall line overnight Wednesday into Thursday

weatherwiz

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just logged on trying to catch up with everything. Best MuCAPE is over SNE right now and it's not really the CAPE but the dynamics of this sytem that are gonna force a lot of convection. HRRR shows storms persisting right toward the coast of eastern MA and RI. 

What's it doing in CT guys? VIL is crap and reflectivity pretty low, CGs nothing special but people are saying the storms are crazy. I think in these situations we can get lightning with very low VIL because we are still gonna see so much kinetic energy between -10C and -30C for that graupel collisions. Is there a lot of Intracloud going on? And are all these cells pushing those 70kt 925 winds to the surface? 

Anyone see that "Helix" pattern just NE of Albany a little bit ago? The cells are doing some crazy sh*T right now lol. 

I'm so manic right now. AHHH :lmao:  What a pleasant surprise. After I got outa work I figure these storms would have died out by now, didn't pay too much mind to them. Everything's been over performing this winter though. Well, the few interesting events we've had anyway. 

Just logged on trying to catch up with everything. Best MuCAPE is over SNE right now and it's not really the CAPE but the dynamics of this sytem that are gonna force a lot of convection. HRRR shows storms persisting right toward the coast of eastern MA and RI. 

What's it doing in CT guys? VIL is crap and reflectivity pretty low, CGs nothing special but people are saying the storms are crazy. I think in these situations we can get lightning with very low VIL because we are still gonna see so much kinetic energy between -10C and -30C for that graupel collisions. Is there a lot of Intracloud going on? And are all these cells pushing those 70kt 925 winds to the surface? 

Anyone see that "Helix" pattern just NE of Albany a little bit ago? The cells are doing some crazy sh*T right now lol.

I'm in the HFD region.....the gusts are strong and I've seen many far away lightning but no thunder yet......it has a feel of crazy out there......lets see what happens

Archived