joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice that winter did finally decide to come this year!....looks like a nice pattern the next week or two at least!  Have about 4-5" here so far-this weekend it's gonna be frigid!!....if there is a clipper, I hope they are keeping in mind that ratios will most likely be close to 15:1 or better even!

Haha I like the new name.

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 7 AM EST THURSDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 7 AM EST THURSDAY. * SNOW ACCUMULATION...2 TO 4 INCHES. * PERIOD OF MOST INTENSE SNOW...IN SNOW SQUALLS THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. * SNOW ENDING...SNOW SHOWERS WILL GRADUALLY DIMINISH LATE TONIGHT. * IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DUE TO SNOW. Maybe those gfs totals weren't so far off after all. Just needed a little les to get us there.

0z EPS Control summary.

Low comes from the south, up the coast. 6-10" in the entire upper half of TN into Eastern KY, then 6-10" on the spine of the Apps in VA/WV, and that 6-10" continues up I-81 through PA, and continues NE through NY, VT, NH and western ME.

I-95 appears to be the lines of >3" or <3".

I Love snow squalls. I'll take a good convective snow squall line over Thunderstorms any day! I hope we get some intense ones. As odd as this is to say in Feb (lakes normally frozen over by now), this might be our best setup for LES as well, then maybe we get another shot Friday night?

SHOULD SEE LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS CONTINUE INTO THE MORNING AHEAD OF
AN ADVANCING SHORTWAVE TROUGH. THE TROUGH WILL SWING THROUGH THIS
AFTERNOON/EVENING...FURTHER DEEPENING THE BOUNDARY LAYER AND GIVING
RISE TO SNOW SQUALLS. NEAR TERM MODELS ALL SHOW FAVORABILITY FOR
SNOW SQUALLS FROM 18-00Z IN THE BTV SNOW SQUALL PARAMETER.
THIS
WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO IMPACT THE EVENING COMMUTE...ESPECIALLY
FOR AREAS FROM PITTSBURGH NORTH WHERE DEEPER LAKE-ENHANCED
MOISTURE RESIDES.

Euro just went from 17 in to 0 lol

Good news though is that the GFS looks like it finally caved from a clipper to southern stream system overnight, but its pretty far east. There were a couple of EPS members that showed the storm further west than we would like so I'm not to surprised the 00z showed this as its definitely within the envelope of possibilities.

Good news though is that the GFS looks like it finally caved from a clipper to southern stream system overnight, but its pretty far east. There were a couple of EPS members that showed the storm further west than we would like so I'm not to surprised the 00z showed this as its definitely within the envelope of possibilities.

The models and ensembles are all over the place. The crazy part is this 6 days away so a lot can change.

I Love snow squalls. I'll take a good convective snow squall line over Thunderstorms any day! I hope we get some intense ones. As odd as this is to say in Feb (lakes normally frozen over by now), this might be our best setup for LES as well, then maybe we get another shot Friday night?

SHOULD SEE LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS CONTINUE INTO THE MORNING AHEAD OF

AN ADVANCING SHORTWAVE TROUGH. THE TROUGH WILL SWING THROUGH THIS

AFTERNOON/EVENING...FURTHER DEEPENING THE BOUNDARY LAYER AND GIVING

RISE TO SNOW SQUALLS. NEAR TERM MODELS ALL SHOW FAVORABILITY FOR

SNOW SQUALLS FROM 18-00Z IN THE BTV SNOW SQUALL PARAMETER. THIS

WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO IMPACT THE EVENING COMMUTE...ESPECIALLY

FOR AREAS FROM PITTSBURGH NORTH WHERE DEEPER LAKE-ENHANCED

MOISTURE RESIDES.

Looks like from around 3-7 could be a mess.

3pm-NW of Pittsburgh

4-5pm in the city area

7pm- SE of Pittsburgh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived