joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's Talk Winter

Steve

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By 192 its at east NY at 980mb. I would guess rain to maybe decent snow here.

pretty much a rainstorm changing to some backlash.   Euro really warms up things after that shot early this week so we are dealing with little cold air in place ahead.   But still amazing that we have a whole new solution....AGAIN

post-622-0-58020000-1451847895_thumb.jpg

We have a storm 1, storm 2 potential setup next weekend.  Storm one is easily into the Lakes, and right now it seems storm 2 could be pushed OTS or up the coast.  The 12z Euro operational takes a primary into Ohio, but with no cold air laid down by storm 1, it's still rain.  The GFS is out near the coast and has good support from its ensemble.  The 0z Euro ensemble shows lots of lows clustered near the 12z GFS position, so it will be interesting to see if the 12z Euro's ensemble product backs up the operational.

It looks like a major arctic blast could occur the following week.  Our best shot for light accumulation could be on the leading edge of that if we can get a wave to squeeze out a bit of moisture.

It's a start anyway. Has a 2-5" stripe along the OH River in KY/IN and northeast along I-71 in Ohio.

eps is better as well, low clusters between eastern OH, and the mid atlantic coast.    

By the way, I see our first potential measurable snowfall is failing.   I expected to wake up to at least a dusting....nothing.

Goes to 997 in northwest PA with plenty of cold in place.

Looking at the ggem surface map, I'd rather see that high extending further east over the great lakes and not have that low to our north.   It's definitely not a classic, (usual), snowstorm set up for us but then again I'm analyzing a Canadian 144 hour panel too.

Archived