Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

3 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Lol, what a dump of a "storm".  I don't even think my grass was covered fully.  It looks nice, I guess. I'm ready for spring.  

I did not think it was too bad, my expectations were 1" to 4", ended up with 3", probably actually snowed a total of 4" but some lulls allowed compaction.  For our region this is pretty normal for these storms.  Snowed all day is always a win with heavy snow a few times.

Maybe we get lucky tomorrow .

29 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

I did not think it was too bad, my expectations were 1" to 4", ended up with 3", probably actually snowed a total of 4" but some lulls allowed compaction.  For our region this is pretty normal for these storms.  Snowed all day is always a win with heavy snow a few times.

Maybe we get lucky tomorrow .

My expectations were a bit higher, I'd call it a nice light snow, I guess.  And it was nice to happen on a weekend so I could enjoy it.  Maybe next weekend will be a bit more substantial.  

Starting to look like some light snow late tonight/early tomorrow morning and into late tomorrow afternoon is a decent bet. H5 low and H7 trough pull a decent loop-de-loop on the Nest and NMM (and the latest GFS), which will allow for some gentle lift in/near the DGZ. Throw in some leftover moisture and we could see some fluff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Temp gradient is interesting across the shore.  West-east gradient, not often Church Creek in Dorchester is colder than Northern Caroline County.

From the mesos it seems temperatures won't budge much and then start falling this afternoon.  Still not sure what to say about snow chances, seems like close your eyes and throw dart and see what it hits at this point.

Starting to look like some light snow late tonight/early tomorrow morning and into late tomorrow afternoon is a decent bet. H5 low and H7 trough pull a decent loop-de-loop on the Nest and NMM (and the latest GFS), which will allow for some gentle lift in/near the DGZ. Throw in some leftover moisture and we could see some fluff.
Accumulating fluff, or just snow tv?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk