Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Nasty, raw Halloween weekend

Hoosier

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOT mentioned that snow was accumulating well inland but I haven't actually seen any reports yet.  It probably doesn't help that those areas are a lot more rural.

Temps were obviously a huge question for this setup but the thing that was kinda overlooked (at least by me) was the band organization or lack of...precip rates were good but it was spread out and never really attained that classic single band firehose structure.  All in all a learning experience in multiple ways and something to file away in the memory bank. 

Yup.  I thought I was going pretty high with the snowfall over/under and was shocked how many people took the over.  That said, I wouldn't have guessed essentially a Trace either.  

Very interesting how our LES today acted like a west flow multi-band set-up.  I would have to agree with you that that's probably the result of the flow being so strong.

Yup.  I thought I was going pretty high with the snowfall over/under and was shocked how many people took the over.  That said, I wouldn't have guessed essentially a Trace either.  

Very interesting how our LES today acted like a west flow multi-band set-up.  I would have to agree with you that that's probably the result of the flow being so strong.

Highest snow amount I could find was 1" near Wheatfield. 

Snow all last night and cars not in the sun had snow on their roofs and windows

Similar story here, began to snow around 11:00pm and continued into morning. Nice little coating when I woke up but all had melted now. Maybe picked up a half inch or so but hard to say due to warm ground.

All-in-all fun event, and enjoyed that it occurred on Halloween. First snow of the year is always exciting.

Archived