joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Down to the wire and models are saying wtf? 12/19-20 event

weathafella

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Scott, they probably won't go with the WSW, given that the 12z GFS is less robust. How much weight is given to the short range HIRES models ARW and NMM for a forecast?

I usually don't look at them all that much, but they are guidance...like everything else. I don't envision an advisory either, but if the western edge of the storm skirts the Cape, I wouldn't be shocked if they do issue one. It's pretty toasty down there, so boundary layer will be a problem.

I usually don't look at them all that much, but they are guidance...like everything else. I don't envision an advisory either, but if the western edge of the storm skirts the Cape, I wouldn't be shocked if they do issue one. It's pretty toasty down there, so boundary layer will be a problem.

Taunton is convinced or mostly convinced that the boundary layer cools and OES becomes more pronouned Monday and then lightens some Tuesday before the retrograding trough seeds more OES bands for the region. They mention that delta ts increase to 15-20C on Monday and then again Wednesday. Tuesday the bands look to move offshore as winds veer to the northwest for a time, before coming back north and the northeast as the trough heads into the region.

Taunton is convinced or mostly convinced that the boundary layer cools and OES becomes more pronouned Monday and then lightens some Tuesday before the retrograding trough seeds more OES bands for the region. They mention that delta ts increase to 15-20C on Monday and then again Wednesday. Tuesday the bands look to move offshore as winds veer to the northwest for a time, before coming back north and the northeast as the trough heads into the region.

Yeah it will cool eventually, I'm talking more near term. You definitely want winds to be more northerly or else the boundary layer may be warm.

:lol:

no offense, but I feel pretty safe going against you, given our track record thus far ;)

I actually came up with an equation to derive a realistic snowfall forecast from kevin's predictions. Its pretty simple...just multiply by 0.40 and that's what wl probably happen.

I actually came up with an equation to derive a realistic snowfall forecast from kevin's predictions. Its pretty simple...just multiply by 0.40 and that's what wl probably happen.

have you taken a look at the latest long range mt. holly or upton radars and curent visible loops of WV loops. and if so do you see anything that leans this way or that from the nam/gfs last couple runs? or anyone for that matter. objectively

have you taken a look at the latest long range mt. holly or upton radars and curent visible loops of WV loops. and if so do you see anything that leans this way or that from the nam/gfs last couple runs? or anyone for that matter. objectively

I haven't looked at much data this morning. Just have my iphone right now. Once i get my noose all set up i wl take a last minute look.

I haven't looked at much data this morning. Just have my iphone right now. Once i get my noose all set up i wl take a last minute look.

thank you politely

to others with access is that an inverted trough setting up or "something" on the upton long range radar

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar_lite.php?rid=okx&product=N0Z&loop=yes

there is a weird signature on radar that is at a different layer because as the main precip shield slides NE there is a set of echoes SSW of montauk and well east of central jersey's latitude...that appears to have a hooking signature that is slowly pushing west.

thank you politely

to others with access is that an inverted trough setting up or "something" on the upton long range radar

http://radar.weather...ct=N0Z&loop=yes

there is a weird signature on radar that is at a different layer because as the main precip shield slides NE there is a set of echoes SSW of montauk and well east of central jersey's latitude...that appears to have a hooking signature that is slowly pushing west.

That's some sort of a trough or windshift line. It might separate north winds vs. more northeast winds.

Archived