• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Surprise Ice Event across the CAD areas of NC/SC?

BullCityWx

I appreciate you weighing in our situation up here responding to my post and a couple of others in this thread. I've noticed you invest a lot every time a threat comes to my region. :arrowhead:

If precip develops tonight this will be an insutu-cad situation. The only way MBY would warm above freezing would be (A)latent heat release from rain freezing or (B)top-down which would require heavier than forecasted qpf. Both situations could only occur if A or B happened first. Which imo would warrant a freezing rain advisory. So Rah must be banking on lack of qpf.

Lol what threat? I'm guessing that was sarcasm. You should check the 18z models. Oh wait, let me guess, the models don't have a good handle on the situation. There is a reason why some areas have a freezing rain advisory and others don't. If you weren't being sarcastic, then forget what I said.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to get to 34 today, that will be the max. ceilings are really low now. Also Just got back from town and noticed in several locations that  puddles are still frozen over, one was even on the asphalt pavement.

Noticed the same there (albeit not initially) at a coffee shop parking lot.  I got out of the car and almost did a split in the parking lot.  Luckily, I was close enough to the car that I caught myself.

Archived