joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Light Snow Event January 2nd-3rd

John1122

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a quarter inch here in woodlawn which is in Montgomery County in nw middle tn. Changed over to snow about 7:00 this morining and snowed good for a little over a hour. Got about a quarter inch give or take a smidge. Feel good about Sunday Night and Monday,it's amazing what a little snow on the ground can do for your confidence.

This upslope is so strong, it's actually given me a dusting down here in the valley. The plateau is notorious for typically blocking moisture in this lcoation. The roads have a slight coating now. 

Pretty awesome.  I know it's not a huge accumulation producer for most, but the force this thing is roaring in w/ here is impressive.  Sounds like a freight train in the treetops.  A true winter cold front.  Can't wait to see the one roll through Sun/Mon. 

This upslope is so strong, it's actually given me a dusting down here in the valley. The plateau is notorious for typically blocking moisture in this lcoation. The roads have a slight coating now.

It actually looks like an appendage off the energetic upper level low in east TN, winds are perfect to create some additional lift and wring out the moisture available.

It's a minor version of what I can envision with the arctic front Sunday night/Monday. Maybe 2 or so from that one....... What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here in Fort Oglethorpe. Ga.

For the history books(not saying this huge...just for search purposes when we go back and look at this event) this is what is going on at higher elevations.  Check out the Beech Mtn, NC forecast.  Wow.

attachicon.gifbeech mtn wx.JPG

I love looking at the point forecast for LeConte and dreaming sometimes.

• TonightSnow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values between -2 and -12. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
  • FridayScattered flurries before 10am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny and cold, with a high near 13. Wind chill values between -3 and -13. Windy, with a north wind 20 to 30 mph decreasing to 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.
  • Friday NightMostly clear, with a low around 7. Wind chill values between -1 and -11. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southwest in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.

Archived