joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Discussion/obs for snow->ice->rain Sunday/Sunday night 12/8-9/2013

famartin

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How crazy is it in this day an age that in a short span of 6 hours Newark DE went from barely expecting any snow to getting a foot. That is why I love weather. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much if we could forecast storms perfectly. 

I concur. And as much as it's disappointing when we "miss out", things do balance out (eventually).

heading into work around 730pm to salt the parking lots, with a forcasted low of 28 all this standing water will freeze over long before the snow starts tomorrow. 

Thanks!

I have a slightly off topic question for you - as a greenskeeper, would you say it's acceptable for a homeowner to cut the grass down to 2" for the last cut so as to minimize grass blades sticking up through a couple of inches of snow?

we're about a half mile from garnet valley schools, but not in garnet valley (which apparently got 10 inches yesterday), which is apparently farther away than glen mills...i dunno, i try to figure it out and then my head hurts...i guess concord township is the best label...anyway, looking forward to another round...hope you got a new rake...

I'm over in the Middletown Township part of Glen Mills, and yeah, it can be confusing as to what constitutes "Glen Mills". We saw 5 inches.

The pic.'s and comments by Mike are coming true here,Thankfully PPL put in a "5 year cut" up here about 2 months ago...I started hearing what I thought were dripping sounds,but the wind has picked up and branches and maybe I even heard a whole tree are breaking,shedding Fri.nights and the 1/2 a day today's worth of Ice Accrual...Also the roads are absolutely treacherous once you get off PADOT's one road thru my area...People that live up here don't need somebody to tell them to slow down or just not go out tonight,but if you're a Professional Driver of Rig's, any trucks or just passing thru by car;Good Luck...btw,it was 3 storms in a row in 05 (Jan5 to 12)  and IF you were here you'd Never Forget that...

Archived