• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Best Weather Radar?

If there's another thread like this, please delete it, as i could not find it.

I am wondering what the best weather radar is, preferably free. Right now I am using Wunderground to track storms, and I downloaded GR Level 3 and it's pretty good, but I'm just an enthusiast and I can only interpret a few tools on the program as of now. Any ones better than Wunderground? Any suggestions?

Thank you. A 14 yo weather enthusiast.

If there's another thread like this, please delete it, as i could not find it.

I am wondering what the best weather radar is, preferably free. Right now I am using Wunderground to track storms, and I downloaded GR Level 3 and it's pretty good, but I'm just an enthusiast and I can only interpret a few tools on the program as of now. Any ones better than Wunderground? Any suggestions?

Thank you,  a 14 yo weather enthusiast :)

College of dupage actually is pretty good.

http://weather.cod.edu/buildmap/nexrad_build.php

radarscope for iphone is awesome, 9.99 though.

Yep, great app. Have that for the iPad. I only use that when i'm "on the go" however. Thanks for the radars guys. I tend to prefer more "interactive radars" and bit more beginner friendly, in which you can zoom in to the spot, display lightning/fronts/storm reports, I like everything in one place so I will probably stick with Wunderground for now! Anymore suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks guys! Went ahead and purchased GRLevel3. Amazing program, much better than internet based interactive radars and much smoother. I will also be setting up a PWS and uploading to Weather Underground :)

You can also upload to CWOP so that the data can actually be used by the NWS and other institutions. In addition, the data uploaded is checked for quality and accuracy.

http://wxqa.com/

Archived