• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Why is AGW mocking so acceptable in the SNE subforum?

OSUmetstud

Its not, but attribtuing every event to it is ribbed.

I've posted warming stats in there before...how come you didn't complain about that? One has to wonder about your motives.

i wasn't talking about you.  :P

You at least come in here and post about the existence of AGW.  The only time I see some people in there even posting about it is in a mocking way.  It's annoying.  

and really who is contributing every event to AGW?  The media?  I mean who is the real beef with here?  

Well we had a poster recently blame most of our weather on it in our own subforum, but I'm not going to get into a names battle.

As for AGW snow/cold...if people have a big snow bias, they should be promoting the ideas of AGW attribution since recently some have argued that increased mid-latitude cold and snowy winters were a direct result of blocking that was being attributed to global warming. So bring on AGW to get cold and snowy winters!

I personally find some of these findings a bit of a stretch, but perhaps there is something there.

Well we had a poster recently blame most of our weather on it in our own subforum, but I'm not going to get into a names battle.

As for AGW snow/cold...if people have a big snow bias, they should be promoting the ideas of AGW attribution since recently some have argued that increased mid-latitude cold and snowy winters were a direct result of blocking that was being attributed to global warming. So bring on AGW to get cold and snowy winters!

I personally find some of these findings a bit of a stretch, but perhaps there is something there.

yes, I saw.  There's a couple posters in there that will mock any type of AGW connection or post that is made...it's definitely more one sided than the other.  

Forky posted a scholarly article in there a few months back about the blocking/agw connection...and that was mocked too...so it's not just all about the media, I think.

Looks like once again posts are taken out of context. The beef is not with AGW, but how the media loves to have a bias about only the "bad" that comes with it.

dude, you and ginx both mocked a scientific article about agw too, so it must not just be about media.  The only time you post about AGW is to mock.  

Looks like once again posts are taken out of context. The beef is not with AGW, but how the media loves to have a bias about only the "bad" that comes with it.

Yeah, they never talk about the larger crop sizes that would be favored by more CO2 and longer growing seasons. Also, net energy needs could quite possibly be reduced with less heating needs vs. more airconditioning related cooling needs.

Yeah, they never talk about the larger crop sizes that would be favored by more CO2 and longer growing seasons. Also, net energy needs could quite possibly be reduced with less heating needs vs. more airconditioning related cooling needs.

yeah, let's talk about the good that comes from AGW! lol

You mocked the article when it was actually linked by forky a month or two back...not this morning.  Forky/ginx/and will are talking about that article.

I'm not talking about questioning an article that might have some comments that are a stretch, I'm talking about this morning. Even Will mentioned some of the stuff as being a stretch.

So I guess only bad weather is caused by AGW...we can't talk about the good.

You mocked the article when it was actually linked by forky a month or two back...not this morning.  Forky/ginx/and will are talking about that article.

The article IIRC was the article published about extreme cold in recent European and Asian winters in the mid-latitudes and was based off of a 4 year period from 2007-2011. It was attempting attribution of lost sea ice in recent years to the blocking.

It was an admittedly low confidence study from the paper. There was plenty of reason to be skeptical of it. Forky posted it when we were talking about the cold late March IIRC.

yeah, let's talk about the good that comes from AGW! lol

Well, why shouldn't the legitimately good effects also be mentioned by the media and others? Why should only bad effects be mentioned? That sounds like a bias to me.

The article IIRC was the article published about extreme cold in recent European and Asian winters in the mid-latitudes and was based off of a 4 year period from 2007-2011. It was attempting attribution of lost sea ice in recent years to the blocking.

It was an admittedly low confidence study from the paper. There was plenty of reason to be skeptical of it. Forky posted it when we were talking about the cold late March IIRC.

Let him go, he put his foot in his mouth as usual. It was a good try by him to blame me mocking an article after he realizes he screwed up. Thanks Nick.

I'm not talking about questioning an article that might have some comments that are a stretch, I'm talking about this morning. Even Will mentioned some of the stuff as being a stretch.

So I guess only bad weather is caused by AGW...we can't talk about the good.

90% of AGW posts in that forum are of the mocking variety...yours included.  

90% of AGW posts in that forum are of the mocking variety...yours included.  

There's a difference between mocking media headlines and mocking the basis of AGW.

Attribution is the flimsiest part of AGW as well...so even there, its quite different than someone mocking that CO2 cuases warming.

There's a difference between mocking media headlines and mocking the basis of AGW.

Attribution is the flimsiest part of AGW as well...so even there, its quite different than someone mocking that CO2 cuases warming.

idk man...if the majority of your posts on AGW are about mocking the media...then I don't think you're really "getting it"

Archived