Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Congrats Zwyts

Ji

Lolz, Ji loves stirring the pot.

It definitely looks like Feb won't be torchy like the last two months. I have a decent shot at busting on my guesses for snowfall for the month. Matt's ideas seem quite good overall at this pt.. Wildcard might be snow IMO.

I'm counting all precip as 10:1 snow. I'm tired of this crap. Feb's gonna be HUGE

Counting on precip is the mistake. The only precip we seem to get are anomalous cold front lines of storms.

I'm still hoping for an over performer Mon night. If one model shows even a remote chance tonight, I'm threadin that sucker up.

I don't see how February ends up being anything but below normal temps.

I know believe we see BN temps AN snow for Feb. great winter forecast if this verifies

Hi Ian

This winter is like a warm version of 10-11 without the 1/26. In other words. Awful.

I feel good about -dep for feb. our norm is a torch. Snow is a crap shoot. We may end up striking out. Even if we do get a decent storm it could end up being February 32-33. I have like 40 events so far and less than 3" on the season.

This winter is like a warm version of 10-11 without the 1/26. In other words. Awful.

I feel good about -dep for feb. our norm is a torch. Snow is a crap shoot. We may end up striking out. Even if we do get a decent storm it could end up being February 32-33. I have like 40 events so far and less than 3" on the season.

Yeah, this has truly been the way that this winter has gone.  It's not even nickle and dime - it's more like penny crap.  With a forecast looking like this, you might expect some decent snow, right?  But alas, it's all flurries, and light snow showers that will probably total less than an inch of snow this week.

Yeah, this pretty much describes it!  I've had something like 5-6 "events" this year which by now have added up to last year's paltry total (or a bit more) so far.  Whoo-hooo!  I don't like to denigrate any snow, and admittedly a couple of these small clippers have provided some rather picturesque scenes.  But it's kind of telling when we've got separate threads in here to cover flurries or a couple hours of light snow.

I have no idea how February will turn out this year in terms of temperature or snow, but I do like the indications in the longer range.  If that holds and actually verifies.  So, I guess I'll remain hopeful that we'll break through with something decent before winter is over.  My next hope is that we don't suffer through another God-awful July (or summer in general).

Yeah, this pretty much describes it!  I've had something like 5-6 "events" this year which by now have added up to last year's paltry total (or a bit more) so far.  Whoo-hooo!  I don't like to denigrate any snow, and admittedly a couple of these small clippers have provided some rather picturesque scenes.  But it's kind of telling when we've got separate threads in here to cover flurries or a couple hours of light snow.

I have no idea how February will turn out this year in terms of temperature or snow, but I do like the indications in the longer range.  If that holds and actually verifies.  So, I guess I'll remain hopeful that we'll break through with something decent before winter is over.  My next hope is that we don't suffer through another God-awful July (or summer in general).

Looks pretty mild after this week (with the exception of a couple of days of cooler temps next week).  I don't know why anyone would be excited about February, especially given how December and January have gone.

Looks pretty mild after this week (with the exception of a couple of days of cooler temps next week).  I don't know why anyone would be excited about February, especially given how December and January have gone.

That is true, after this upcoming week (or starting later this upcoming week), it does get warmer though doesn't appear to be a torch I don't think.  What I'm talking about...and others as well, I assume...is more toward mid-month or so.  If you look at the GFS and the ensemble mean beyond about day 10 it looks colder in the east with a pretty good +PNA along with southern stream energy.  The ingredients appear to be there, so there could be some interesting possibilities.  Not saying that's guaranteed, but I did like the overall "look" if it could only verify.

That is true, after this upcoming week (or starting later this upcoming week), it does get warmer though doesn't appear to be a torch I don't think.  What I'm talking about...and others as well, I assume...is more toward mid-month or so.  If you look at the GFS and the ensemble mean beyond about day 10 it looks colder in the east with a pretty good +PNA along with southern stream energy.  The ingredients appear to be there, so there could be some interesting possibilities.  Not saying that's guaranteed, but I did like the overall "look" if it could only verify.

It would be nice to get a real storm late in February where we get 4 or 5 inches, but I'm not holding my breath.  I guess, in a normal winter, I would be more optimistic.

Archived