• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/15-1/16 waves of wintry "potential"

tombo82685

Models have had it, backed off and the last 6 hours have brought it back. This is not a lock yet but their are some trends saying parts of the region may seem some frozen precip. As it looks now best shot would be from i295 on north and west, with sleet being the main issue around the city. Once out by paul to ptw-ukt on north west snow starts to get worked in.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I'm not enthusiastic about anything more than a coating of snow/sleet/slop for TTN.  Though I suppose this month that would be considered epic back there.

yea right i think majority of the wintry weather is going to be from the fall line on north and west, as is most events this season. Thjough i think some sleet will ping in the cities.

The 39hr 18z NAM sounding for Villanova/Wayne area suggests the possibility of a few hours of some sleet to snow with favorable low level temperatures.

For this time frame, the H8 level is very borderline, but it looks like that level is in the process of cooling throughout the late overnight. So if the 18z NAM were to verify (which it probably won't) we'd probably see a coating to maybe half inch of snow for the hillier terrain from Wayne-Wings Field (KLOM) corridor.

We'll see if 00z continues or changes the idea.

16leiw4.gif

Your area is a good bit colder than that skew t, solidly snow, verbatim on this run. But, its the nam so take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I saw. Things will change plenty in the next 60 hr. Just looks like areas from PHL, south and east are again on the fence............at this point.

My sources say the UKMET has plenty of juice with borderline temp. profiles similar to the NAM rain/snow line near I-95.

I haven't seen any maps myself as of yet.

its definitely wetter, but from what i have seen the thermals look close to the gfs. Though all i can see is hr 48 and 60, when all the action is in between, doh..

Archived