• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Educational use only - Beyond Sandy's son

Typhoon Tip

We'll have to wait and see if TPC takes noticed. They used to make reference, sometimes veiled, to the use of the Roundy Probilities product up until a couple of years ago. They don't seem to do so as much. However, I have noticed on more than a couple of occasions that shortly after the probability distribution goes up TPC starts hashing out target areas of the Atlantic Basin.

Firstly, the hurricane season does not end until December 1st - not that it matters. There are plenty of annals from the 18th century of monster gales clipping Cape Cod during the middle and late Novembers of lore, the descriptions of which are implicitly not purely of cold physical origin.

Less than a prediction going forward, a kind of educational use. The background synoptic engine that ultimately allowed a Sandy hook scenario to take place - I suspect - is still in play. Below are some chart annotations that might help elucidate that point. If for no other use, educationally this is nearly identical to what was in the probabilities and synoptics some week to 10 days prior to Sandy.

post-904-0-64955500-1351971562_thumb.jpg

I think the odds of a Sandy scenario happening twice in the same season is too astronomical to entertain here. However, the general conceptual idea of having additional tropical activity to monitor is definitely present. There is little or no hope of details from the 00z Euro taking place, as is. However, there are some similarities amid these products and their interpretations that hearkens.

post-904-0-34912900-1351971524_thumb.jpg

Archived