• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chasing Sandy

Heisy

I live in NE Philly. I'm contemplating heading either to the mountains for the potential blizzard conditions or down the shore. What would you guys prefer. Obviously I'm going to wait to make my decision closer to the weekend when we'll have a better idea of landfall location. If anyone is interested and wants to split a motel down the shore (or mountains) let me know! Rib (moderator) & I attended college together, I'm sure he'd vouch for me as being a good person (when I'm not drinking ;))

If you're going down the shore get there this weekend. Be prepared for less than friendly law enforcement if you're not from the area. When I covered Irene in point pleasant beach I got to my friends beach house, parked well inland, and was ready to be stuck there for 3 days. We let the local cops know we were not leaving and I was riding it out at the home doing live phone reports for the news. If you have a medical emergency don't expect help until the storm passes. Be ready for surge flooding and damaging winds and flying debris. Irene was gusting to 70 - 80 mph at my location in the vortices and downed trees and power lines everywhere. There's plenty of thrills to be in gusts from the 60-80 mph range. TRUST ME.

If you're going down the shore get there this weekend. Be prepared for less than friendly law enforcement if you're not from the area. When I covered Irene in point pleasant beach I got to my friends beach house, parked well inland, and was ready to be stuck there for 3 days. We let the local cops know we were not leaving and I was riding it out at the home doing live phone reports for the news. If you have a medical emergency don't expect help until the storm passes. Be ready for surge flooding and damaging winds and flying debris. Irene was gusting to 70 - 80 mph at my location in the vortices and downed trees and power lines everywhere. There's plenty of thrills to be in gusts from the 60-80 mph range. TRUST ME.

Thanks for the heads up, I've never done anything like this since this is the first time I'd actually financially be able to. What kind of supplies should I bring etc?

Archived