• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office

Jonger

This is deceptive and manipulative. Poorly written anti-science drivel.

HadCRUT4, which is the temp source they claim to use, shows warming around .08C/decade since 1997.

He must be using some other source in his chart, like HadCRUT3. Unfortunately no links or sources are provided.

And the idea that 'new data' was released and that there has been some failure to cover it in the media is nonsense. HadCRUT4 is continually updated every month.

How long have you been on this forum now? And you still fall for this nonsense?

I would like to actually read the Met Office report before I make any conclusions. Unfortunately, the report is not given in the newspaper article.

This article in the Daily Mail is quite deplorable. It is factually incorrect, highly misleading, refers to a report that does not exist, and misrepresents comments the British Met Office made. See http://metofficenews...4-october-2012/

This article in the Daily Mail is quite deplorable. It is factually incorrect, highly misleading, refers to a report that does not exist, and misrepresents comments the British Met Office made. See http://metofficenews...4-october-2012/

Thank you for this link. So it really wasn't a report, it was just an update to HadCruT4.

Why is unfactual drivel like this allowed to be posted continually like this?

Why is Jonger allowed to crap up the publicly viewable, non-password protected science side of this franchise? And as long as he is, and others like him, why would anyone consent to having a dime of their money go to AmWx? Staff needs to wise up...not that it's any skin off my nose.

Why is unfactual drivel like this allowed to be posted continually like this?

There's a lot of unfactual stuff posted in here on both spectrums of the climate debate. He posted a link at least and it was quickly dismissed...there's nothing really wrong with that in the scheme of this forum. It was a bad link, but then again, so many bad links and topics are started in here that have almost zero facts supporting them. We simply don't have enough time on our hands to delete all of them. If Americanwx's main focus was the climate forum, then it would be different. It's not. About 1% of our membership views this forum on a regular basis.

There's a lot of unfactual stuff posted in here on both spectrums of the climate debate. He posted a link at least and it was quickly dismissed...there's nothing really wrong with that in the scheme of this forum. It was a bad link, but then again, so many bad links and topics are started in here that have almost zero facts supporting them. We simply don't have enough time on our hands to delete all of them. If Americanwx's main focus was the climate forum, then it would be different. It's not. About 1% of our membership views this forum on a regular basis.

IOW, the Jongers of the board are free to post crap, and there's nothing you can do about it, and they know it, too, so they will continue, and they will laugh and laugh and laugh. You poor, weak, helpless thing. And the idea of banning someone who would damage the scientific reputation of the board is simply detached from the earth -- unthinkable. Unthinkable. I'm more likely to get into trouble for tweaking you than Jonger is for making astrologers look like better scientists than the people who post here. And BTW, if not many scientists do post in CC, I think I can see why. Who would want to deal with a roomful of Jongers? Who needs it?

IOW, the Jongers of the board are free to post crap, and there's nothing you can do about it, and they know it, too, so they will continue, and they will laugh and laugh and laugh. You poor, weak, helpless thing. And the idea of banning someone who would damage the scientific reputation of the board is simply detached from the earth -- unthinkable. Unthinkable. I'm more likely to get into trouble for tweaking you than Jonger is for making astrologers look like better scientists than the people who post here. And BTW, if not many scientists do post in CC, I think I can see why. Who would want to deal with a roomful of Jongers? Who needs it?

We expend most of our energy keeping the wxisde clean. But thanks for your opinion.

This is the weather side. You are not keeping it clean, but you could.

You're welcome.

Semantics. The part of the forum where most of our membership posts....that weather side.

You're right, we could here, but at the expense of the other areas. Not worth the trouble to micro moderate here.

For the record the CC Forum is no longer viewable publicly and only registered users of Amwx can'see and post' this forum.

I appreciate knowing that, even though it makes me feel only marginally better. Will we be opening other science rooms for the Jongers of the board to extend their political misbehavior into?

I'm spending my AmWx donation money on hookers and cocaine.

I appreciate knowing that, even though it makes me feel only marginally better. Will we be opening other science rooms for the Jongers of the board to extend their political misbehavior into?

I'm spending my AmWx donation money on hookers and cocaine.

Bozart would have been banned long ago if he wasn't on "team moonbat". He is probably the most useless gasbag on amwx. Nice job trolling me here as well.... The story I posted was posted for comments and it was taken apart. Those who post here regularly, know that I accept the world has warmed and that its small details where we differ.

Bug off.

Jon

Bozart would have been banned long ago if he wasn't on "team moonbat". He is probably the most useless gasbag on amwx. Nice job trolling me here as well.... The story I posted was posted for comments and it was taken apart. Those who post here regularly, know that I accept the world has warmed and that its small details where we differ.

Go find us some more right-wing tabloid trash. We know you don't read it directly, but you inhabit the urine-scented corners of the world that funnel plenty of it to your attention. And you just HAAAAAAVE to bring it to ours. It gives normal people a new, necessary chore: "taking apart" your crap.

I couldn't believe when I heard you were allowed to start threads here. What the hell does a bigoted, illiterate Michigan fish monger know about climate change, for God's sake?

You righties are determined to destroy the world, and I hope you do. Tell me how I can help.

Go find us some more right-wing tabloid trash. We know you don't read it directly, but you inhabit the urine-scented corners of the world that funnel plenty of it to your attention. And you just HAAAAAAVE to bring it to ours. It gives normal people a new, necessary chore: "taking apart" your crap.

I couldn't believe when I heard you were allowed to start threads here. What the hell does a bigoted, illiterate Michigan fish monger know about climate change, for God's sake?

You righties are determined to destroy the world, and I hope you do. Tell me how I can help.

Mods?

Jon

Archived