Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September 8th Severe Threat

SmokeEater

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a relative non-event here except for the rainfall, which is up to 1.12" as I type. Looking at radar, the old squall line kind of fell apart to my west, and a new one is developing to my east. In that time of redevelopment, we had more of an individual cell structure here, with nothing even remotely severe.

looking at the Noaa radar, it seems that allentown is in the zone.

Little surprise with all the talk of wind damage in Northern PA, it does not look to terrible with line currently.

Saw a few warned cells though.

Sure, ABE is right in line (Grothar, where you at?). I was talking about the southern extent of the nasty stuff. South of PTW, things are a little less impressive on radar (ateast at this moment.........I'm sure that will change and things will fire up).

Was a relative non-event here except for the rainfall, which is up to 1.12" as I type. Looking at radar, the old squall line kind of fell apart to my west, and a new one is developing to my east. In that time of redevelopment, we had more of an individual cell structure here, with nothing even remotely severe.

Just to make matters clear. I'm not complaining about the storms per say, and perhaps I should have worded differently. Within the heaviest of the rain, which was at 5" per hour at one point, we had what I'd think were a few good gusts. My new station only recorded a peak wind gust of 12 mph. Now, the visuals at that time were of leaf clusters blowing off the tree next to my house, rain blowing sideways, and water blowing off of roof tops. The cups were spinning quite fast I might add. If I didn't have the station, I would have estimated the wind gusts at about 20-30mph, not 12 mph.

I'm trying to figure out if my anemometer isn't recording the right wind speed.

Archived