Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September 8th Severe Threat

SmokeEater

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like rotating scud to me....If I had been in that car I would have smacked him.

I did not even see a whole lot of rotation in that video. It almost looked like the leading edge of the rain cooled air perhaps with some scud thrown in.

Yet the video title doesn't only say "funnel cloud", which is dubious, but it says "tornado!" If I was a random YouTube watcher, I'd be very disappointed ;)

:lol:

Thanks for the warning, but I'm not that innocent. My grandmother cusses like a sailor!

Interesting video, agree with pretty much all the comments above including the issues with speeding. At this time I don't even have words to express what went through my mind when watching.

for anyone that cares heres Li's "tornado" that he saw. This is rated pg-13 for some language content...the ladies in the room, ear muffs please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHiJd2xM_dI&list=UUc-S2JXj_LwKn4xY_122mqg&index=1&feature=plcp

Be very careful of what's going on in terms of the clouds it can be very easy to mistake scud for rotation. Best advice is to make sure apparent tight rotation persists and is funnel shaped, tighter than what the image on the video shows. Good knowledge of the steps from wall cloud to tornado is not a bad thing to know as well. Good job though finding something interesting on your chase, my attempt to capture some good storm structure in the field Saturday was a dud.

Archived