joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2012 Fall Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good over gulf of Alaska. Now to keep this all winter again. The "boobie" pattern! :)

msl_uv850_z500!Geopotential%20500%20hPa%20and%20Temperature%20at%20850%20hPa!240!North%20America!pop!od!oper!public_plots!2012100712!!chart.gif

I can guarantee you this winter won't resemble last winter much, if at all. I will put my board life at stake. If we are an average of 3F warmer than average through the winter months (December-February) and get less than 35 inches of snow this winter, Hoosier can ban me. We've already seen a much cooler October than last year, and it looks to continue with a possible bout of Indian Summer still possible, but not persistent.

How did these maps work out for you the last couple months? Oh, that's right, they busted big time at this timeframe. Lesson learned, don't look at models a month or more in advance, unless you are a quack met who should have been banned years ago.

:lmao: How's the imminent freeze call working out for you?

BTW, don't look at 12z GFS. Unless you like a roasting pattern. 11-16c 850s entire extended period.

Weather has been quite average since the 2nd week of august.

Jon

Yeah I would imagine in Michigan things are closer to average ~ being downwind of the moderating Lakes. March, May - July were the biggest warm months this year.

Chicago might as well have had the earliest last 80° high for the year. ORD, not MDW. September 12th.

BTW, don't look at 12z GFS. Unless you like a roasting pattern. 11-16c 850s entire extended period.

I'm pretty sure it froze here last night, not a hard freeze but reaching 32F, as almost all the official sites did, sans the airport and Kenosha. Of more interest is what hot air was blowing last night in Saukville. You must be Al Gore.

I would laugh if some smart-ass teenager sprayed those palms with roundup. It could be done in like 2 minutes.

That roasting is probably high temps of 70 max.

Jon

Archived