waitin for my trophy..

2. A LARGE AREA OF DISORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE

CENTRAL AND NORTHWESTERN BAHAMAS AND ADJACENT WESTERN ATLANTIC

WATERS IS ASSOCIATED WITH A SURFACE TROUGH. UPPER-LEVEL WINDS

COULD BECOME A LITTLE MORE CONDUCIVE FOR DEVELOPMENT OVER THE

WEEKEND AS THE TROUGH MOVES TO THE NORTHWEST AT 5 TO 10 MPH. THIS

SYSTEM HAS A LOW CHANCE...20 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL

CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

Last time I looked at the MJO, I thought we were getting into more favorable phases for tropical development, then again posting this going from July into August is not exactly genius material.

MJO Phase Space is all screwed up because of the massive divergence/mass flux over the West Pacific at 25N. The "actual" MJO wave is located over the Indian Ocean right now, which is basically neutral for Atlantic development.

MJO Phase Space is all screwed up because of the massive divergence/mass flux over the West Pacific at 25N. The "actual" MJO wave is located over the Indian Ocean right now, which is basically neutral for Atlantic development.

Ok, I have alot of MJO rust. Not that its the whole enchilada, but it looks like more favorable phases (even if its just divergence aloft) coming in the next week or two?

Ok, I have alot of MJO rust. Not that its the whole enchilada, but it looks like more favorable phases (even if its just divergence aloft) coming in the next week or two?

I'm thinking the last 10 days or so of the month. Not really buying the CPS forecasts right now. If you look at Roundy's progs, he's got -OLR anomalies getting into the Western Hemisphere at the end of the month

I'm thinking the last 10 days or so of the month. Not really buying the CPS forecasts right now. If you look at Roundy's progs, he's got -OLR anomalies getting into the Western Hemisphere at the end of the month

Adam,

Thanks!

No one is planning on buying a new snow thrower for this winter as far as I know.

Not yet. Give it another week. The end of August looks to be the sweet spot for a EC US threat.

(<---hums to himself and looks away)

For the love of, the end of August needs to be warm and dry.

I'm definitely wishcasting: late August looks fine.

:lol:

lol

It is almost scary how well 2012 is following the typical here. Cue the ridge Aug 19-25 and then the warm anomaly retrogrades, putting a weakness on the East Coast in the final week with a possible tropical cyclone interaction.

I refuse to buy it!

Not yet. Give it another week. The end of August looks to be the sweet spot for a EC US threat.

lol

It is almost scary how well 2012 is following the typical here. Cue the ridge Aug 19-25 and then the warm anomaly retrogrades, putting a weakness on the East Coast in the final week with a possible tropical cyclone interaction.

I refuse to buy it!

In response to the happy hour g2g

Irene redux will cancel it anyway :P

Do you see anything different Adam, or am I asking too soon?

I'm still on board with the general idea. Clearly, activity is going to pick up in about 7-10. I don't think there is any doubt about that. The big question is what does the subtropical ridge/NAO look like. It seems to me that the pattern will be conducive for US threats +/- 5 days around Aug 31, but that's a lot lower confidence than the general activity forecast.

Archived