Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Tropical Cyclones 2012

Harbourton

OK Aberto is already in the books. Dr.Gray is predicting-

We anticipate that the 2012 Atlantic basin hurricane season will have reduced activity compared with the 1981-2010 climatology. The tropical Atlantic has anomalously cooled over the past several months, and it appears that the chances of an El Niño event this summer and fall are relatively high. We anticipate a below-average probability for major hurricanes making landfall along the United States coastline and in the Caribbean. However, coastal residents are reminded that it only takes one hurricane making landfall to make it an active season for them, and they need to prepare the same for every season, regardless of how much activity is predicted.

(as of 4 April 2012)

By Philip

And here's a pic of a potential Sub-tropical or tropical entity.

GOES17452012146GBn78V.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Not much to get excited about right now

You know you did this to yourself? Ever since you posted torches in the winter threads???

A byproduct of those torches was the SAL being extra strong, and the MJO being non existent. :-D

Don't shoot the messenger! Lol.

Heard it won't be something till it gets a little closer to Antilles and points North?

Yeah. Best shot is a week from now east of the Bahamas. Euro plows it right into Hispaniola, but track forecasts are obviously a crap chute this far out.

You just ruined this weekend too for me, thanks. :P

Moving this reply here...

What will be the best is when people are arguing that disorganized convection should/shouldn't get a name over the Bahamas. Then with the trough where it is, we'll get a bunch of people wishcasting it up the East Coast. *If only it were stronger*

What will be the best is when people are arguing that disorganized convection should/shouldn't get a name over the Bahamas. Then with the trough where it is, we'll get a bunch of people wishcasting it up the East Coast. *If only it were stronger*

[wishcast]

...maybe it will come up the coast as a non-named "wave"...and give everyone an inch, perhaps two or more...of more rain...just to piss in everyone's cheerios a bit more.

[/wishcast]

Besides TD#5, check out the large wave just exiting Africa.

AN ATLANTIC OCEAN TROPICAL WAVE IS ALONG 34W/35W FROM 7N TO 15N.

THIS WAVE SHOWS UP REALLY WELL IN LONG-TERM INFRARED SATELLITE

IMAGERY SINCE IT LEFT FROM THE COAST OF AFRICA. SCATTERED

MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTIVE PRECIPITATION IS FROM

10N TO 12N BETWEEN 32W AND 34W.

vis0.png

the lack of posting by adam means to me this ts either has no intentions on making landfall in the US or if it does it will be a big pile poo when or if it does.

Or he is busy tuning up the flame thrower for the upcoming winter season.

:lol:

the lack of posting by adam means to me this ts either has no intentions on making landfall in the US or if it does it will be a big pile poo when or if it does.

Correct

Or he is busy tuning up the flame thrower for the upcoming winter season.

Also, correct.

TBH, I was really busy yesterday so I didn't get a chance to post anywhere. I've got Ernesto going into the BZ/MX border as a TS and then to Tampico as a TS/weak hurricane. The WPAC is getting really hot, but I don't think anyone cares about that.

Correct

Also, correct.

TBH, I was really busy yesterday so I didn't get a chance to post anywhere. I've got Ernesto going into the BZ/MX border as a TS and then to Tampico as a TS/weak hurricane. The WPAC is getting really hot, but I don't think anyone cares about that.

I sort of do.

bump

Also, invest 90L

A WELL-DEFINED LOW PRESSURE AREA ASSOCIATED WITH A TROPICAL WAVE

IS LOCATED IN THE EASTERN TROPICAL ATLANTIC OCEAN ABOUT 152 NM

SOUTH OF THE CAPE VERDE ISLANDS. THE WAVE WAS ADDED TO THE

03/0600 UTC ANALYSIS. THE WAVE IS ALONG 14N23W TO A 1009 MB LOW

NEAR 11N24W. WAVE IS LOW AMPLITUDE AND IS EMBEDDED WITHIN THE

DEEP MOISTURE ASSOCIATED WITH THE MONSOON TROUGH. SCATTERED

MODERATE/STRONG CONVECTION IS FROM 8N-13N BETWEEN 24W-29W WITH

CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION ARE WITHIN 60 NM

OF LINE FROM 15N23W TO 11N23W. ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS ARE

CONDUCIVE FOR SOME GRADUAL DEVELOPMENT OF THIS DISTURBANCE

DURING THE NEXT FEW DAYS. THIS SYSTEM HAS A MEDIUM CHANCE

OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS AS

IT MOVES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD 9 TO 13 KNOTS.

Archived