Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Tuesday May 15th storm

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about to rain beat the band here cloud to ground lightning towards kensington and frankford section already has become a strong storm.

Tops pushing 35k or close to it. Not too shabby. Lighting everywhere and in stuck at work with tree lines everywhere. Just 2 blocks over I has an entire view of the sky line! Lol. Oo well.

Tops pushing 35k or close to it. Not too shabby. Lighting everywhere and in stuck at work with tree lines everywhere. Just 2 blocks over I has an entire view of the sky line! Lol. Oo well.

Ya this storm is very impressive pouring in my section of the city now

Did tonight's storms form where they did thanks to some sort of leftover energy from heavy rainfall that fell during the AM rush hour or from something totally unrelated like an outflow boundary? KOP to Collegeville had crazy heavy rain this morning, and then seemed to be one of the sweet spots this evening.

Well it started out with an outflow boundary this evening but now it has stalled and a disturbance is coming up from the south. With this disturbance the lower level jet appears to be increasing very nicely. since the models did not have this every thing is nowcasting and watching to see what the heck happens

1st real excitable weather since Irene...lol.

Couple close lightning strikes here in the last 5 mins as this cluster heads out. 3 good cracks and rips of thunder following that sizzling flash... Landowne just got hit out for a building fire. Doesn't sound like much on the radio, but maybe related to the lightning. Maybe a surge. Anyhow, that's it from me. Glad to see something exciting. Off to bed, hoping for a quiet rest of the night.

Rainning beat the band yet again and sideways this time. Additionally a cell is now popping in south jersey so you folks look to be getting in on the fun soon we shall see what it does or if more pop. Latest meso update shows moisture values have spreaded back west. And for what it is worth if you liked tonight so far the SPC wrf 4km has a squall line for tomorrow night.

This is not good at all with more cells popping again.

FLOOD WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

237 AM EDT WED MAY 16 2012

PAC101-161030-

/O.NEW.KPHI.FA.W.0004.120516T0637Z-120516T1030Z/

/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/

PHILADELPHIA PA-

237 AM EDT WED MAY 16 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A

* FLOOD WARNING FOR...

PHILADELPHIA COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA...

* UNTIL 630 AM EDT

* AT 236 AM EDT...THE FRANKFORD CREEK WAS ABOVE FLOOD STAGE. WHILE

THE HEAVIEST RAIN IS EXITING THE AREA...RUNOFF FROM THE HEAVY RAIN

COULD RESULT IN ADDITIONAL FLOODING ACROSS PHILADELPHIA THROUGH THE

EARLY MORNING HOURS.

A FLOOD WARNING MEANS THAT FLOODING IS IMMINENT OR HAS BEEN REPORTED.

STREAM RISES WILL BE SLOW AND FLASH FLOODING IS NOT EXPECTED.

HOWEVER...ALL INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD TAKE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS

IMMEDIATELY.

Our unexpected disturbance tonight is really starting to get it's act together. Got to wounder if it enhances storms with heating of the day tomorrow if it hangs around. Anyhow the fact it has gotten stronger is leading to additional cells popping in south jersey and Delaware.

don't mean to burst your bubble but the NAM was hinting about these thunderstorms for a couple of days. It overperformed but wasn't unexpected. ;)

3rd alarm fire at Dow Chemical on State Road in Bristol. Lightning struck 2 of the holding tanks around 3:30am setting them and the dykes surrounding them on fire. Mutual aid responding from PA and NJ.

Completely OT, and if it's not the right place to post this, let me know and I'll delete it. That storm cost a life, a member of the Bristol FD Fire Police died of a heart attack on the scene of that fire this morning. RIP Brother.

Completely OT, and if it's not the right place to post this, let me know and I'll delete it. That storm cost a life, a member of the Bristol FD Fire Police died of a heart attack on the scene of that fire this morning. RIP Brother.

Very sorry to hear that. As the daughter of a firefighter I have a special place in my heart for what y'all do. RIP and my prayers go out to his family today.

Very sad to hear. I have a ton of respect for those who are willing to go out in weather like that (or just after storms) and try to help other people. RIP.

Sorry to hear about this. My daughter and son-in-law are both volunteer firefighters here in Tamaqua and we always worry when they are out on a call. These people (all firefighters) deserve our utmost respect whenever possible. They sacrifice their own lives to save those of others. It takes a special person to walk into a burning structure knowing full well that they may not come out alive.

Sorry to hear about this. My daughter and son-in-law are both volunteer firefighters here in Tamaqua and we always worry when they are out on a call. These people (all firefighters) deserve our utmost respect whenever possible. They sacrifice their own lives to save those of others. It takes a special person to walk into a burning structure knowing full well that they may not come out alive.

Just to clarify, I do believe it was a fire police volunteer. Same field, different responsibilities. While they (fire police) don't fight the actual fire hands on, they do play an important part of the overall firefight. They protect the fellow brothers and sisters from traffic, a very dangerous aspect of firefighters being on the road. Everyone is in a rush these days, and can't tell you how many firefighters (career and volunteer) have been struck,injured and/or killed. The number would be undoubtedly higher without the help of fire police.

That being said, God bless his soul.

We are out of the game on the sidelines dry, lightning like crazy north of us but we get shafted in SE delco. I have to wake up early to water the vegetable garden as we didn't get a lot of rain here in Brookhaven.

I am slightly dissapointed here. The only thing I got here was wind from the gust front

you should really get 5ppd after these posts and then what happened

Archived