• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April 4th Thunderstorms

SouthernNJ

Special Weather Statement (North Carolina)

...SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL MOVE ACROSS WARREN...WAKE...

VANCE...GRANVILLE AND FRANKLIN COUNTIES THROUGH 430 PM EDT...

... AT 328 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITH VERY HEAVY RAIN OVER FRANKLINTON...OR ABOUT 9 MILES WEST OF LOUISBURG...MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 10 MPH. SOME LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...LOUISBURG...BUNN...HENDERSON...

LOUISBURG...PURNELL AND WAKE FOREST. HAZARDS INCLUDE...

PEA SIZE HAIL. GUSTY WINDS OF 30 TO 40 MPH. HEAVY RAINFALL AND MINOR FLOODING. SEEK SHELTER IN A NEARBY BUILDING OR VEHICLE. STRONG WINDS ARE CAPABLE OF KNOCKING DOWN SMALL TREES AND BLOWING AROUND TRASH CANS...

POTTED PLANTS...LAWN FURNITURE AND OTHER LIGHT OUTDOOR OBJECTS. A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM EDT WEDNESDAY EVENING FOR CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA

Didn't expect it to, but the Austell storm picked up a SVR.

It should pass near Smyrna, Fair Oaks, and Marietta by

8:05-8:10 PM.

I got clipped by it. It was still very nasty. Heavy rain and lots of cloud to ground lightning. I was not even close to the center and got pounded, I can only imagine what it was like 3-5 miles to my south where the core passed.

Edit : Just checked the gauge picked up a quick hitting .59"

I got clipped by it. It was still very nasty. Heavy rain and lots of cloud to ground lightning. I was not even close to the center and got pounded, I can only imagine what it was like 3-5 miles to my south where the core passed.

Edit : Just checked the gauge picked up a quick hitting .59"

The Severe Warning verified as Quarter size hail was reported in a couple

of locations just southwest of Marietta at 8 PM. This storm blew up quickly

and likely snuck up on some folks because no other storms were anywhere

near the area at the time.

I was in Augusta last night, and frequent lightning, followed by heavy rain and large hail pounded my car just after midnight. I almost got out and went inside the Hampton Inn lobby.... Masters practice rounds were cancelled this afternoon because of severe TS. Check out this photo at sunrise this morning waiting for Augusta National's gates to open. Fog was heavy, and the sun tried to peek through.

post-1004-0-00279300-1333593926.jpg

Archived