e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Weekend Disco/Obs Thread

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going with 0.5 unless there are reports that differ a lot. iAd did 0.4 through midnight and BWI 0.5" I think. So that seems like a prevalent number.

.5 it is. Thats probably right. Now that the snow is over, winds are howling once again, worse than before. No anemometer at my new house, but must be gusting to 40 mph at least

Had a gust of 51mph last night at 1:15am. Did a good job of pruning all the dead branches from my trees. Low was 16.1F. 18.3F / 9F now. Nice wintry morning out there.

Snowfall totals yesterday were:

0.8" from the "coastal" in the morning

0.3" from the squally cold front

0.4" from the inverted trough

I always round in every event to .25 increments tenths are hard in a city. Especially this event.

Funny you mention that, I went out yesterday morning and decided on 0.2", but I was standing there trying to think about what would really constitute 0.1". And then last night happened.

0.2" coastal

T from the squall

0.1" from the pixie dust

Funny you mention that, I went out yesterday morning and decided on 0.2", but I was standing there trying to think about what would really constitute 0.1". And then last night happened.

0.2" coastal

T from the squall

0.1" from the pixie dust

What a difference a few miles makes. I had a T (ground covered) in the first 45 seconds of the squall. It was quite dynamic.

Im kinda pissed a lot of drifting happened on the north side of streets for whatever reason....means sun will attack it easily

sun's ripping it up today.. doesnt even feel that awful in it. mid-feb ftw.

Just back from Deep Creek/Wisp. The snow started when we got there around 4pm on Friday and it was still snowing when we left there this morning. Hard to say how much they got total with all the blowing/drifting, but I'd say 12" is a safe bet. The powder was great at Wisp but the wind & almost white-out conditions at times was nasty. At times yesterday when a heavier band came, we couldn't even see the next chairlift at the summit.

Very happy the snow fell when we happened to be there since it doesn't look like we'll see anything like that here.

Archived