Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Synoptic Event jan 20-22

wolfie09

Same here. Less than half an inch.

Could be down to the wire. I'd be thrilled if we could muster 3"...actually 3.2" to be exact. Would make it my biggest snow of the year. How pathetic!

What did u manage last night in the hills. Only 0.25" here...most of which came with the initial burst before 9pm.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick eyeball estimate from the 12Z NAM and 12 GFS maps has ALB around .25, perhaps a tad under on the GFS.

So 3 inches of snow seems like a realistic goal.

Could make 4 inches down near Woolymammoth along I-86....

Same... virtually a non event... Being north of the Catskills may have dried up what little there was here with the southerly winds.

NAM around .25" for tomorrow....

Quick eyeball estimate from the 12Z NAM and 12 GFS maps has ALB around .25, perhaps a tad under on the GFS.

So 3 inches of snow seems like a realistic goal.

Could make 4 inches down near Woolymammoth along I-86....

yeah...seems like everything is converging to about 0.2" QPF. Good fluff factor too. If we could just get a last minute trend north by 20 miles I'd be more confident in getting to 3".

Last year when we were in this kind of situation there was the ever present blocking to our northeast and the relentless confluent flow acting as a wall killing all last minute north trends it seemed. This year such is not the case so maybe it is isn't so unreasonable to hope for 25 or 50 miles?

yeah...seems like everything is converging to about 0.2" QPF. Good fluff factor too. If we could just get a last minute trend north by 20 miles I'd be more confident in getting to 3".

Little storm coming and a silent thread. It's hard to get excited about this one. NAM and GFS cut back on QPF.....0F dewpoint. Boring. Looks like 1-2" here in the cap district. Warm up Monday....rain....cool down. Rinse lather repeat. I'm praying for 2" so I can XC ski tomorrow in the park.

LOL....no posts for 11 hours and then we post almost at the same time. That air out there is mighty dry. I'm not liking the trends. I agree 2-3" looks good for you.

Well I guess we can say that this 2 to 4 inch event is not very exciting to most Upstate New Yorkers. LOL ...no posts in 11 hours.

I'm going 2-3 inches here...

Yeah 2 inches would cover this ice glacier we have ...and I assume Thatcher is similar. I'd say 5 or 6 inches in the woods around here, but hard iced over stuff. Maybe .5" of powder on top where the wind didn't take it.

Little storm coming and a silent thread. It's hard to get excited about this one. NAM and GFS cut back on QPF.....0F dewpoint. Boring. Looks like 1-2" here in the cap district. Warm up Monday....rain....cool down. Rinse lather repeat. I'm praying for 2" so I can XC ski tomorrow in the park.

Monday ain't gonna be good for the snowpack around here. We have around an inch in my neighborhood. It doesn'e take much snow in the park next to my house to cover the grass. If you sink through, you hit grass and not rocks. We'll see. Didn't expect this one to be so cold and suppressed with so little blocking. Oh well. I'll goto bed and hope for the best.

Yeah 2 inches would cover this ice glacier we have ...and I assume Thatcher is similar. I'd say 5 or 6 inches in the woods around here, but hard iced over stuff. Maybe .5" of powder on top where the wind didn't take it.

The 0Z Euro had a snow event late week and the 12Z GFS was "trying" to show that also. I didn't look beyond like 144 hours. New Euro soon.

2 inches total from last nights "event". Didn't quite get to 30 inches with this storm. The next week literally has 0 chances of snowfall. The last couple days of January into February looks where the pattern change might make winter have a few surprises for us. Hopefully! :sleepy:

Archived