• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lake Effect Snow/Convergence band

TugHillMatt

I have been under an awesome band of lake effect snow for the past 6 hours...picked up 8 fresh inches of snowfall since 5:30 this evening and it's STILL snowing heavily. Total snow depth is now up to 16 inches. This is supposed to continue all night, so I can imagine easily waking up to over a foot of new snow with snow cover nearing two feet! I have never seen so much snow on trees. I tried uploading pictures but the website kept saying they took up to much memory. THIS is what I moved to the lake effect snow belt for!!! Here's a link showing the band...

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=GRR&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

I have been under an awesome band of lake effect snow for the past 6 hours...picked up 8 fresh inches of snowfall since 5:30 this evening and it's STILL snowing heavily. Total snow depth is now up to 16 inches. This is supposed to continue all night, so I can imagine easily waking up to over a foot of new snow with snow cover nearing two feet! I have never seen so much snow on trees. I tried uploading pictures but the website kept saying they took up to much memory. THIS is what I moved to the lake effect snow belt for!!! Here's a link showing the band...

http://radar.weather...101111&loop=yes

:snowing::thumbsup:

http://radar.weather...101111&loop=yes

What you end up with?

Thanks, guys! It was pretty cool. This is my third winter here and every winter I've managed to see at least one big dumping of snow like this where we get a ton of snow in a few hours off the lake. This time though it lasted longer than a few hours. Those are the events I moved here for! :) The roads were still a mess all day today and tonight.

Was underneath a convergance band here in Houghton-Hancock for 8 hours once. It was due to an east flow off of the Big lake. There is more open water to the east. It started at 8 am and by noon I took off a foot of snow off of my truck. Then at the end of the work day I took off another foot of snow. It was heavy snow too must had more water content in it. It took me a couple of hours to blow out my driveway. I had to go slower because the blower was becoming bogged down. Not the typical fluffy lake effect we usually got .

Archived