• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Wednesday night front-end thump potential

LVblizzard

The models have been gradually trending colder for Wednesday night. Looking at the 12z models so far, they all show at least some snow for the Lehigh Valley and Poconos, with upwards of 2" (:o) possible in mike2010 land. The Euro also showed something similar last night, but not to the extent of this afternoon's GFS and GGEM. Below is the reliable (not being sarcastic) 12z GFS snowfall output from Instant Weather Maps, which usually does a good job at getting accurate snowfall totals.

usaasnowi24sfc069c.gif

EC is mostly snow (some rain in the latter half of the event) in the Poconos. GFS is snow to rain in the Poconos.

6z NAM is front end sleet to rain in Bucks & Lehigh Valley, freezing rain/sleet/snow for the Poconos.

The NAM remains inconsistent overall as guidance in our CWA. This is the same model that cut off last night's precipitation in Virginia, at one time and gave PHL 7" of snow in early December as a 4th period forecast. This upcoming scenario is one in which it should excel, but frankly if the can rgem is not thermally similar, I would have no confidence in its solution.

Ehhh, depends back there. There are some hints of CAD that could help put some frozen stuff down in AOO/MDT, but not LNS/PHL, before changing over to all rain as the warm front lifts northward.

i can see aoo, but i would think mdt would be cooked with the storm track close to philly on blah cold air. The real cad is up north and over nne and sne as some weak confluence tries to build in.

The NAM remains inconsistent overall as guidance in our CWA. This is the same model that cut off last night's precipitation in Virginia, at one time and gave PHL 7" of snow in early December as a 4th period forecast. This upcoming scenario is one in which it should excel, but frankly if the can rgem is not thermally similar, I would have no confidence in its solution.

still trying to pump out an inch in the lehigh valley fri day and more in the pocs..

Archived