• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's talk winter..Ohio Valley and surrounding states..(Excluding Lake effect)

Steve

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, farther west, the warm air aloft has not been overmodeled and has been a tad underdone if anything.

Thanks. Looks like the GFS thermals up high are doing ok so far....Surface temps have been colder than forecast all day here though.

My latest take for central Ohio including my map: http://www.examiner.com/weather-in-columbus/significant-ice-accumulations-possible-tonight

Thinking up to 1/3" of ice, however the HRRR has been bouncing around with slightly more than that. :yikes:

Looks like at least a couple hours if not more of a lull to our sw. That may allow temps to rise enough that when the precip starts again it's much closer to becoming rain. Just a pessimistic random thought.

There is no way there will be plain rain in this, best hope is to hope for cooler temps so it is sleet instead.

how long have you lived in central Ohio son? Are you familiar with the term WTOD?

I am not familar with that term. I have lived in central ohio most of my life, although I am only 18. Many storms do turn to plain rain, I am pretty sure this one will not thickness values are already moving back south in IN,IL.

If it is that one saying

If you don't like the weather wait 5 minute, I have know of it

They say that everywhere, the weather changes quickly everywhere it is not specific to any region. lol

I am not familar with that term. I have lived in central ohio most of my life, although I am only 18. Many storms do turn to plain rain, I am pretty sure this one will not thickness values are already moving back south in IN,IL.

If it is that one saying

If you don't like the weather wait 5 minute, I have know of it

They say that everywhere, the weather changes quickly everywhere it is not specific to any region. lol

Im just mess'n with ya. WTOD = Warm Tongue Of Death. The Ohio river valley, forking off to the Scioto river valley makes an outstanding channel to funnel up the WTOD from the sw. That being said, I actually agree with you, plain rain is probably pretty remote with this one, (but never say never here)

Im just mess'n with ya. WTOD = Warm Tongue Of Death. The Ohio river valley, forking off to the Scioto river valley makes an outstanding channel to funnel up the WTOD from the sw. That being said, I actually agree with you, plain rain is probably pretty remote with this one, (but never say never here)

I am actually far enough away from the scioto river for it sometimes to snow here but not in columbus about 20% of the time, but can't do much about the ohio river valley. lol

Archived