• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Wednesday night Snow Total DCA/IAD/BWI - What is your guess/forecast?

midatlanticweather

I win.

No, Jack_Frost did. He had a trace at all three locations, which was correct except at Dulles. You missed both DCA and BWI, while nailing IAD. Marked8 and I both got BWI, but flip-flopped DCA and IAD. Interesting to note that the low temperature at IAD (37) was the same as at DCA and BWI, but IAD evidently did not receive a trace.

"At least" we can trust you. smile.png But, on a more serious note, is the official classification of a trace of snow dependent on a meteorologist at a particular location observing it? If so, aren't traces of snow often missed?

i've got the met spin down. if it was more than a trace i could have said "well, i said AT LEAST a trace." tho that was generally my expectation or i would have said "at least 1" etc"

i've got the met spin down. if it was more than a trace i could have said "well, i said AT LEAST a trace." tho that was generally my expectation or i would have said "at least 1" etc"

If you were Weather53 you could have claimed victory even if we received 10 inches since you were on the right side of the departure.

Archived