• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Medium-long range thread

tombo82685

GFS sure making things interesting tonight but we must remember it is a full week out a lot is going to change but more and more interesting data continues to come in for next week.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/GemPakTier/MagGemPakImages/gfs/20111201/00/gfs_namer_153_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

Sticking with low confidence for now Given the performance of the GFS lately but if this on the GFS or other models say by or over the weekend could get even more interesting.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frontal passages rarely deliver good snows in the east, except sometimes in higher elevations.

This.

Dry air wins out before changeover can take place.

This has been one of the worst winters of my life

worse than 07-08, 97-98, 98-99, 01-02, 06-07?

Yeah, it's been nice seeing a little trolling of the snow weenies. It makes the thread Ji proof.:lol:

Nice to see you in the Philly subforum.

To be fair, if you guys couldn't take a joke, I wouldn't be doing it. For some people, snow is srs biz. But since the subforum is so small and gets along so well, some light teasing isn't a bad thing when the weather is quiet.

Yeah, unfortunately I missed it as I was down in Virginia. Only got to see pictures sent via text from my husband. I've only lived here 2 years, but somehow I seem to always miss the first snows of the season.

always great to have another met posting here...you should post more often if you get the chance.

going off the 0z gfs, but a decent amount of the indiv ens members have rain going over to some wet snow that could accum a bit. Granted these events never materialize, can't even remember the last time this occured. Just wanted to bring it back up again since their is a small possibility of some anafront kind of action, though small. ALso, the gfs is really the only model showing this....

going off the 0z gfs, but a decent amount of the indiv ens members have rain going over to some wet snow that could accum a bit. Granted these events never materialize, can't even remember the last time this occured. Just wanted to bring it back up again since their is a small possibility of some anafront kind of action, though small. ALso, the gfs is really the only model showing this....

If my memory is correct, I believe the Euro Op was hinting at a similar change over earlier this week with that system. I'm not so sure about accumulation but I'm on board with the possibility of seeing some flakes in the air.

Yeah, unfortunately I missed it as I was down in Virginia. Only got to see pictures sent via text from my husband. I've only lived here 2 years, but somehow I seem to always miss the first snows of the season.

great to see you posting here :thumbsup: .

yeah you missed the nice early season hit :snowman: . It was nice/fun even though it was destructive.

great to see you posting here :thumbsup: .

yeah you missed the nice early season hit :snowman: . It was nice/fun even though it was destructive.

Thank you very much! Yeah I'm trying to become more active in my posting. I've been following a lot of the threads for a while now so I figured it was about time to start contributing (thanks to some encouragement from Adam)

If my memory is correct, I believe the Euro Op was hinting at a similar change over earlier this week with that system. I'm not so sure about accumulation but I'm on board with the possibility of seeing some flakes in the air.

yea, i could see some flakes making it into the city. verbatim on the gfs, the city may change over briefly at the end...north and west in the lns to abe corridor have a better shot at seeing some small accums off the gfs

Archived